Chapter Nineteen ~ Sweaters & Snowforts

Ella

"Wow you two are insanely silent for Christmas morning. What's wrong with you? Especially you Rose." Piper says, making her way over to us before spotting Luke's gifts in our hands.

"Piper, you don't think Luke is the Faceless Raven do you?" Rose asks curiously.

"I mean it's a thought... It would make sense why he wouldn't want you to be hanging with the twins... He hates them."

"Yeah, plus he fancies Ella."

"He does not!" I say angrily. Ever since first year everyone has been convinced that Luke is in love with me. Which is very ignorant since we are nothing but best friends.

"Let's just go downstairs before we open the rest of the gifts. We told the Gryffindors we wouldn't open them before breakfast." Says Piper.

"Wait Rose, who gave you that sweater?" I ask.

"No idea, but it looks like you and Piper have one too." Rose says, pointing to the brown parcels on the top of each of our present piles. I go over to the pile and open mine. It's a white sweater with a Ravenclaw-blue "E" written on the front. I put it on like Rose and Piper. Pipers is green with a Brown "P".

We go down to breakfast and sit at the Ravenclaw table with the rest of our friends who stayed for Christmas. Aaron and Nathan both went home with their families. So did the two other Ravenclaw 5th year girls. Tyler and Luke stayed however, so we decided to sit with them.

"Did you like my present?" Asked Luke the moment we sat down.

"Y-yeah it's really pretty Luke thank you" I say, giving him a big hug.

"Who's the sweaters from?" Asks Tyler.

"Dunno. We just all got one." I say with a shrug.

"Ooooh no! She didn't!" I hear a familiar voice from behind us. I turn around to see Fred, George and Lee all standing wearing sweaters identical to ours.

"You know who gave us these?" Rose asks, picking at the R on her blue sweater.

"Yeah, we do." George says scratching the back of his head. We all look at him expectantly as Lee bursts out laughing. "It was our mum."

"You're mum? How does she even know about us..." I say awkwardly, realizing what this must mean.

"Yeah uh... She makes them for all our friends" Fred says, mimicking his twin by scratching his head aswell.

"I didn't get one in first year!" Lee protests, fully enjoying seeing the twins struggle.

"Yeah well we uh... Didn't like you much first year. Found you quite annoying actually." George says, giving Lee a firm look. Lee stops laughing and sits beside Piper who pats his back.

"Well tell your mum thanks from us," Rose says as the twins sit down.

"What's that?" Fred says abruptly, pointing to a small stuffed owl sitting on the table next to Luke.

"Oh I got that for him!" I say happily.
"and you brought it to breakfast?" Fred says, trying to stifle a laugh. Luke goes pink.

"Yeah well, I uh wanted to show that I like it. Y'know." He says awkwardly, quickly stuffing his face full of more Christmas morning food.

"You didn't open our presents yet did you?" Asks Rose.

"Nah, we told you we'd wait." George says with a smile. "You didn't open ours yet did you?"

"Nope" says Rose, popping the 'P'.

"Listen, Fred. When you get back to the common room, open my present first." I say.