Chapter Nine~House Elves

Ella

"Shhhhh Ella gosh!" Says Rose in annoyance. I just roll my eyes at her. I mean I can't be that loud!

"Oh whatever Rose. We won't get caught!" I say, tiptoeing down the stairs.

Rose looks around constantly checking behind our backs as if she thinks someone is following us. See that's the difference between her and I. I know someone is following us.

"Almost there!" I practically shout making Rose glares and walks off in front of me, arriving at the bottom of the stairs.

"So, Halloween in 3 weeks!" Rose days after some quiet.

"Yeah. But we'll brainstorm later. Right now, I'm hungry!" I grab her wrist and pull her down a hallway to the left of the great hall.

Together we follow the path the Hufflepuffs usually take to get to their dorm, stoping when we get to a large portrait of fruit. Rose raises her hand to tickle the pear but a larger, slender hand tickles it first. Rose turns around in shock, I turn around with a smirk, to see the Weasley Twins standing there wearing smirks identical to my own.
George leans over and turns the door handle beside Rose's head, making her cheeks turn bright scarlet at their close proximity. I can't help but suppress a giggle.

"So ladies," says Fred, walking into the kitchen behind doors "shall we?" I laugh allowed and take Fred outstretched hand and step up, into the kitchen.

Immediately we are surrounded by about 50 House Elves trying to help us. I always thought they were so adorable and immediately kneel down to their level to talk to a smaller one.

"Hey I'm Ella. I haven't seen you here before. What's your name?"

The little Elf looks scared at first then answered excitedly, his large eyes barely blinking. "Jamie, miss. And no, you wouldn't have seen me before! This is my first year at Hogwarts! I'm very excited! Would you like some tea?" I nod politely and stand up to watch as the little elf hurries off to fetch a tray of tea.

I see Fred raising his eyebrows at me and I shrug saying, "there too cute!" At this, Fred smiles widely and messes up my hair, causing me to scowl up at him.

I look through the many House Elves, trying to find my other two friends only to see them in the corner laughing at something George probably said. I smirk to myself and continue to watch them flirt.

"Ella?" I turn back to Fred to see him looking down at me.

"Yeah?" I say, not paying complete attention.

"The elf." He says with a chuckle.

"Huh? Oh! Sorry Jamie!" I say bending down to take the large tray off of his head which was the way he was carrying it. I bring the tray over to the others since Fred had now joined their conversation. They were all laughing causing me to feel quite out of it. Then when I came up to them they laughed even harder.

"What?" I say, my cheeks burning.

"Y-you're really th-that bad at-at-at-" Fred starts but is unable to continue due to his fit of laughter. His laugh is so adorable I swear he's killing me.

"Whispering!" George finishes.

I scowl at them, "fine. I'll just eat all these scones myself!" I say with a smirk. Sitting down on a mat by the fire. Immediately the three of them stop laughing and they run over to me, grabbing a cup and a saucer with a scone on it. "That's what I thought." I say smugly, taking a bite into my scone.

"Which story did Rose tell you anyways?" I say even though I have an idea.

"The one about the time you were whispering in your room about Demelza but she heard everything you said and so did your parents from downstairs!" George says stifling another laugh.