Chapter Eight~Dorm Chats

Rose

"Five years and I'm still mixing up these bloody staircases?" Luke cries aggravated.

"Just stick with me." Piper says smiling. Luke glares at her. "What? I've got to look out for my baby brother."

"Five minutes! You're five minutes older than me!" Luke shouts.

"What a glorious five minutes those were." Piper says, smiling.

"You both are lucky." Luke says. "You actually have good siblings."

Piper punches him in the arm and I laugh loudly. I jump over one of the missing steps on the stairs. We get off on one of the landings and walk towards Ravenclaw Tower. When we reach the bronze knocker shaped like an eagle we wait for our question.

"If a giant falls in the forbidden forest, does it make a sound." The knocker asks.

"It depends on if he lands on the ground or not." I say after a few seconds.

"Interesting observation. You may enter." The eagle says. We walk through the door and into the common room. The Ravenclaw common room is large and circular, with a midnight blue carpet, arched windows hung with blue and bronze silks and a domed ceiling adorned with stars. There are plenty of tables, chairs and bookcases around the room as well.

"Well, I should get going to bed if I want to wake up early to study for the test in Transfiguration." Piper says.

"Alright bye Pipe." Luke says urgently. "We'll just stay out here for a while."

"Actually I was thinking that Rose and Ella could come with me." Piper says giving Ella and I a stern look.

"I promised Piper that I would help her study tomorrow. I'll come with you." I say.

"There's no reason for me to be out here then. I should go too." Ella says. "Sorry Luke."

"It's alright." Luke says quietly. "I should finish that Potions assignment."

"See you tomorrow." Ella says waving.

"Yeah alright." Luke says.

Piper, Ella and I walk towards the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw, the dormitories are located behind the statue. I slip past quickly careful not to bump any of the objects near it. When the three of us finally reach our room I head towards my four poster bed. I search for a pair of pyjamas and choose some blue ones. I quickly change and sit on my bed.

"We're not actually going to bed right?" I say.

"Of course." Piper says. "I spend too much time with Luke, a girl needs her space. Besides, I want a word with you two."

"Are we in trouble?" Ella says, sitting down on her own bed.

"Yes." Piper says even though I know she's only joking.

"Honestly Piper it's only been a month. We haven't even planned what prank we're going to play on the twins for Halloween."

"That's just it." Piper exclaims. "The twins, the twins. They're all you two have been talking about for the entire first month of school and neither of you will admit that you like them."

"You think we like Fred and George?" Ella says shocked, nearly shouting causing one of the other girls in our dorm room to stir.

"It's obvious." Piper says, smiling as if she knows everything in the world.

"They're cute and they're funny but there's nothing going on and there never will be." I say.

"I mean we're just friends." Ella says pointedly.