Chapter Twenty One ~ A Lapse In Memory

***ATTENTION!! WE HAVE JUST CHANGED THE TITLE OF THIS BOOK FROM "Gred and Forge, A Love Story" TO "A Ravens Tale" MORE DETAILS BELOW!!***

Ella

My favourite class at Hogwarts is by far Care of Magical Creatures. Sadly, this is also one of the only classes without Piper. It's not that Piper didn't like the class, it's just that whenever she came close to one of the creatures, she would scream and run away. I don't get it. I mean sure, acramantuals are scary and Hypogriffs can be intimidating. But really Piper? Nifflers?
Normally, Rose, Luke and I team up in this class but for some reason today Luke seems to be avoiding me. I first noticed it at breakfast when he didn't sit with our usual group, but I assumed it was because of the prescence of three certain Gryffindors. But now that we are standing outside the forbidden forest and Luke still hasn't said a word to me, I know that something must be up.

'God I hope I didn't do anything stupid last night' I think, referring to New Years Eve. The absence of Rose lead to my drinking too much and the whole evening is now a blur. It probably doesn't help that I have the worst headache imaginable. I make a quick mental note to get a potion from Madame Pomfrey after class.

"Hey Rose," I ask, turning to my best friend. "you wouldn't know if I did or said anything harmful to Luke last night would you?"

"Not sure," Rose shrugs as her cheeks start to turn pink. "I was a bit preoccupied myself."

I raise my eyes bored at her staring one word: "spill." Rose continues to explain all about her and Roger as my eyebrows raise further into my hairline. "I didn't know you fancied Roger. I thought" but I didn't finish my sentence 'I thought you fancied George', feeling a bit awkward. Thankfully, Rose didn't notice.

"I didn't know either until last night." She says with a twinkle in her eyes.

"So you guys are together now?"

"I suppose so."

"Does G-" I clear my throat, "does everyone know?"

"Haven't told anyone 'cept you. Was planning on doing it tonight." She pauses. "Why did you ask about Luke? Does it have something to do with the Raven?"

"Oh maybe! I didn't even think of that! He's been avoiding me but I have no clue why."

"Weird. I mean it makes sense for him to avoid you if he was the Raven but normally he's all over you." She grins. I roll my eyes and get back to work.

*****

"Extra practice tonight girls, we need it for the match against Slytherin this Friday." Roger says, taking a seat at the Ravenclaw table beside Rose and flinging an arm around her shoulder.

"Rose! You didn't tell me you and Roger are together now!" Squeals Piper.

"It only just happened. I was going to tell you tonight." Rose shrugs.

"You haven't told your friends? I made sure to brag to my entire year about you." Roger says, making Rose blush.

I hear a small squeak from behind me and I turn around to see George frozen halfway to Ravenclaw table. His face is blank and white and his jaw is clenched. Fred is tapping his shoulder and I'm assuming he's asking George what's wrong but George just turns around and walks out of the great hall without a word.

I turn to mention it to Rose but then I feel someone's stare on the back of my neck. I glance over and briefly make eye contact with Luke before he too rushes out of the hall. "Hey Pipe what's up with Luke?"

"Wha?" She says, taking her head off her hand to look at me, too distracted smiling at Roger and Rose.

"Luke. What's up with him?"