chapter eight

+ S C A R L E T   D ' A N G E L O +

Jordan did come over last night, but we did't do anything.

We watched movies and then he went home. Seriously. 

I didn't want to do anything with him though, I only wanted to do things with Kai, but he didn't want to do them with me.

I still couldn't figure out of it was me that did something wrong or if he genuinely didn't want to see me. Nobody just ups and leaves like that, do they?

I keep checking my phone like I expect him to ring up and say April fools. But it never happens.

However, when my phone does ring, I jump to answer it, only for my father to be on the other line. 

"I need you to come over today." He said flatly. I frowned, "Good morning to you too." 

"Scarlett, I'm serious. I need you to help train the new recruits." 

I bit my lip, usually I would say yes. But I've been advised to not do any physical activity until my stitches heal, which is probably why they've pulled and ripped after Kai came over the day night.

"And if I refuse?" I ask.

My father sighs, "You will train them Scarlett." His voice was so calm it was terrifying, "And as much as you didn't want me to find out, I know where your knew apartment is, and I will not hesitate to break your lease." 

I growled, my fingernails biting into my palms.

"I'll be there soon." 

I hung up angrily, slapping my phone down on the counter as I went into my room to get changed. 

I got into some athletic shorts and a work-out bra, tying my hair into a ponytail as I got ready to leave. I debated leaving my phone here, getting tired of looking at a blank screen. But I tucked it into my purse pocket, leaving it on silent.

+ + + l̶͍̮̖͍̄̈́o̸̖͚̤̘̘̤̘̫̐v̸͕̿͋̚͝͝͠e̴̛̥͈͚̤̎̍͂̄̉̒͝͝ͅ + + +

I arrived at my parents warehouse a couple minutes ago, waiting patiently by the door. I've been gone less than a week and yet it felt so foreign.

"Ah miss D'Angelo, lovely to see you again." The doorman smiled. I let myself in and hurriedly navigated my way to the back where the training rooms are.

"Here she is now, my daughter Scarlett." 

I was less than surprised to see a room full of boys. Teenage boys, boys younger than me. "Hi guys, I'm going to be your trainer for today, teaching you basic skills and how to fight back." I smiled, not getting a single reaction from anyone.

My Dad left, closing the door behind him and I got to work, getting the help of three other trainers, the people I trained with.

"I need a line formation. Since there's 36 of you, each trainer will get 12 of you, choose quickly." 

Nobody move, "Move now or you will get shot." I yelled, causing a panic.

"Scratch that, you're already dead." I shouted, "Your reaction time is the most crucial part of being in a gang. You want to fight, you gotta learn how to defend yourself as well." 

I held my stomach, all the moving is pulling on the skin.

"What good are you if you can't fight. Don't think we haven't noticed you limping the whole time." Some guy said, earning a few laughs.

"Who said that?" I said. "Come on, you want to be a smartass you can come up here and say it to my face."

The guy eventually moved, making his way to me. He was taller than me by a lot, looking down at me. I craned my neck to look at his face properly, "What's your name kid?" I asked.