chapter ten

+ S C A R L E T T   D ' A N G E L O +

I was feeling much better when I woke up again yesterday.

Apparently I had overdosed on anxiety meds and pain meds, I didn't know that.

But Kai's little brother was here to keep my company.

"I can see why my brother likes you so much." Joseph smiles, eating ice cream off a fork. I didn't have any clean spoons so we resorted to eating ice cream with a fork.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" I smirked, blushing slightly.

"You're gorgeous. And, you're hot." 

I laughed, "Thank you." 

I found out just from Joseph that he's seventeen, turning eighteen next year. His favorite color is blue, he used to attend a boarding school but got kicked out for stabbing someone, and that he thinks I'm very, very hot. 

I also found out that Kai is a massive softy when it comes to it.

"Where is Kai, by the way?" I tried to sound disinterested, taking notice of my ice cream, but Joseph noticed, "Why? You wanna feel him up again." 

I gasped, eyeballs falling out of my head, "What? He told you?" 

Jospeh chuckled, nearly falling off the stool, "No, but you just confirmed my suspicion." He smirked.

My mouth fell agape, "You double crossed me!" I pouted, feigning offence, "How long have you been boning my brother?" He asked me.

No point in lying now, he already knows.

"We've only fucked twice, that's it. He kinda ditched me the other night and said he couldn't see me anymore." I frowned.

"Oh is that what the flowers are for?" Jospeh asks, "What flowers?" I say, confused. "The ones outside your door..." 

I go to the door and open it. Sitting by the door is a beautiful bouquet is a dozen red roses. I gawk over them, pulling them inside and watering them.

I gushed, "I love them so much." 

The note was tucked in the back, I open it and read. 

I'm sorry for what I said, I wish I didn't mean it but unfortunately it's true.
I will explain later.

- Kai

I frowned, "Oh." Is all I said.

Joseph took the card from me, rolling his eyes, "Stupid fucker." He mumbled under his breath, causing me to laugh.

I tapped my nails against the countertop, "I want to go shopping." I said.

"The doctor said you need to rest-"

"Screw the doctor." I waved my hands, "Okay." Joseph shrugged.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples, a laugh erupting from me before I calmed myself down, "I just want to find some new clothes, most of mine are too small, ripped, or covered in blood." 

Joseph nodded, "I understand." 

Suddenly, the door burst open. "We need to go, now." Kai said hurriedly, "What? Why?"