2 | goodbyes

Around twenty minutes later I turn the key in the lock, it's almost half three in the morning now and I was exhausted.

"So what now?" I ask the man, looking at his face, he had a very weird hair style, a boy I fancied when I was eight had that hair style. That's a child's hair style.

"We go say goodbye to your family and you pack your stuff," he says with a shrug.

"Am I not coming back?" I say, almost scared.

"If things go well, probably not for a while," he says with a casual tone.

"Well I don't got any family, so just the stuff, my flats this way," I point down the road, we start walking slowly towards it. We walk along the road as it's so quiet that no car is going to drive by, the yellow street lights showing us the way.

"Your hairs kinda weird, looks like a 12 year old boys" I say looking at it closer.

"Simon says it makes him laugh, so I have to keep it," he says while rolling his eyes at the mention of his boss.

"He sounds like a controlling cunt," I say sharply, making the man, who is a whole head taller than me, snort.

"He definitely is," he laughs, "but I need to get paid so, I deal with it," he shrugs. "Why do you put so much effort into looking after the pub?" He asks as we walk towards my flat building.

"People love it, you saw, it's people escape, around here not many people are happy, and that pubs like a safety net, it's the only one in town that's not a complete shithole, the other ones are full of racists, misogynistic cunts that touch kids," is say with disgust, "and anyway, it's my job, I need to get paid, so I deal with it," I say, quoting his own comment.

"How much do you get paid though?" He says with a nod towards me, his hands still in his pockets.

"Minimum," I mutter, with a shrug, "but I get tips, look I got loads tonight, "I reach to my back pocket and pull out all the coins and notes, "that's at least three more shifts work," I smile. The man looks at me sympathetically.

"I get paid that," the man points to the contents of my hand. "About a minute," he says with a small smug smile.

"And your complaining about a shite boss? Id work for the Devil for less?" I shout at him, he puts his finger to his lips and a bedroom light turns on upstairs and someone opens the window.

"Shut the fuck up!" A middle aged woman shouts from the window, "A've just got the baby to sleep," he shouts even louder, staring at us.

"Maybe you should shut the fuck up then," I speak normally, with her being able to hear easily. "Why are you shouting?" I ask her, as we stop and stare at her confused. She sticks the finger up at me before noticing the man besides me, her eyes open wider and she fixes her hair.

"Hello handsome," she says flirty.

"Hiya," he says uncomfortably.

"What's your name," she continues.

"Engaged," he says with a small awkward smile.

"And? I'm married and just had my fourth kid, little does the husband know none of them are his, one for the little shits is his brothers, and neither of them know, how stupid are they?" She shouts loudly, I close my eyes at the amount of messes up things she just said in one sentence.