6 | getting along

"Table for 6?" I ask the woman and she nods, before taking up to a booth at the back. We all order food, and somehow, only me and Harry are left at the table, everyones either taking a call or at the toilet. I fiddle awkwardly with my hands and me and Harry sit in silence.

"You said the other day you were single?" Harry speaks up, his voice breaking in the middle of the sentence.

"Yeah, maybe you were right about him," I say with a small smile, I glance up at him and he's trying to hide his smile.

"He was a prick, you have to admit," Harry laughs, and for the first time ever, I laugh back.

In high school, when we were about 14, I started dating this boy Mark Taylor, he was obsessed with me, used to follow me about all the time. But he was thick as, didn't know anything about music and was a bit rough. He used to shout at waiting staff and never said anything nice to me, I always told myself I loved him, I don't really know if that's true, but I knew he didn't love me back, and for some reason that was how I liked it.

We dated until I was 17, then he cheated on me and I dumped his ass there and then.

But Harry always hated him, he used to talk shit about him to me constantly, never got why I was with him, it was the only time he was ever nice to me, he would say things like "that prick doesn't deserve you," and then try cover it up with an insult, but I always thought I was kinda sweet, even if we did hate each other, he knew I wasn't being treated right.

"Ok fine, he was a prick," I mutter and he smiles.

"He used to wear that fucking cap everywhere," Harry remembers.

"It was so ugly, I tried to wash it once and he didn't talk to me for a month,"  I laugh.

"So why did you break up with him, oh my god, please tell me he broke up with you," he says with a smile. I roll my eyes and him and try hide my smile.

"Do you remember Talia Kane?" I ask him and he nods.

"Every boy knew her," Harry says with a smirk, I laugh and shake my head.

"Harry you were a right gimp in school don't pretend she ever hit on you," I laugh and he just flips me off while his tongue poked the inside of his cheek.

"Well, Mark cheated on me with her, to be honest it's good it happened, made me realise he was a prick, I forgot that he was since you weren't reminding me everyday," I say with a soft smile.

"Your voice is different now you know?" Harry says, turning and leaving his back against the wall and putting his feet up on the leather chair.

"Really? How?" I ask intrigued as I copy the way he's sitting.

"You can sing high notes better, they are smoother now, it's better," he says as he looks straight forward.

"You look different," I say as I also look forward, both of us avoiding each other's gaze.

"No I don't?" He says defensively.

"You do, your hairs not as stupid, and you wear better clothes now," I say, referring to the black skinny jeans and black rolling stone tshirt.

"Your hairs longer," he blurts out. I glance at him confused.

"Not that much longer? Just a bit," I say, how did he notice my hair was longer? Probably a guess.

"Maybe it's not, I didn't really notice," he says dismissively.

"Do you think Mark will try get you back?" Harry says, turning his head and looking at me. I pause, deep in thought for a minute.