Two

After that night I realised that my father was right about a lot regarding men in general. So I dumped the spoilt brat then focused on my studies and kept glowing with this weird ass skin. Today I had errands to run and uBaba left early so I couldn't catch a ride. I walked to the taxi rank then got into a taxi while my mind kept being busy about my upcoming assignment. I am a perfectionist, i like everything in a certain way and that is just how I am. I just want order and order comes when you hand in your assignments on time.

When I got to town I walked around for a while trying to remember why I even came to this place because it is crowded and loud. I mean it's only 12am people why the hell is the mall so full of people at this time? When I'm done with what I needed to do after walking around for a good hour I went to the food court then ordered a meal and sat being busy on my phone before I was rudely interrupted by Hleziphi and her friends voices. "Whuuu shame I kinda feel sorry for her though mnguni I mean imagine your man, probably the only person that made you known in school fucking a girl then sending you the video." They laugh after one of them says this. Hleziphi answers and says "Hmm but then they never really complimented each other, i was just helping him out since someone lacks in that department" then they full on laugh gathering people's eyes.

I turn around and face them just so they can say all of this to my face. "Yazi some of us are so focussed with school that whores like you don't even brush us the wrong way." I say. People around say those annoying sounds like 'eish' 'yuuuh' and all of those. " if I was you I wouldn't be so quick on my toungue when you couldn't even service your own man" Hleziphi says as she looks away. I laugh then look at her again. "Service ohh I wasn't aware that we were talking about being a prostitute. If I was then I would've started with all your shenanigans. Have you no shame you busy speaking about service when you and I know that the hole down there is bigger that this table" I say throwing her shade as well. My father ain't raise no sissy. She looked shocked that I know that. Hleziphi always liked the finer things in life so her sleeping with older men for money is not surprising. She swallows then as she starts saying something i stop her.

"Don't start when you know you won't be able to finish. I'm not your friend mina Hleziphi I will wipe this floor with your fake hair then make sure it's even more clean with those fake nails. Ungalinge ungijwaele mina angisona intsango. Angibhemwa tsk (Don't think so low of me, I am not weed I will castrate you to bits) " I stand up then take my order and walk away leaving her and her friends embarrassed to the core. When I get home i sigh the biggest sigh ever. This is just fucked up. If I was more pissed I would've punched her but then I don't want to go to jail because I'm pretty sure when my father bails me out he's going to send me to Robben Island so that I can come back and say oAmandla that Madiba said. Hayii remind me not to marry a Zulu man because my kids are going to have it rough. "Ya wena mashayana (Yes people beater)" Baba says as i walk into the kitchen.

Yeah so I kinda punched this douchbag called Sfiso when he started getting all ' it's your fault that I cheated '. He tried to shift the blame to me when he is the shit bag so people took videos and it ended up trending. I don't know how someone that still reads the news on a newspaper heard of it or even saw it but he did and ever since he's been calling me uMashayana. "Sawubona Baba" I say then heat the cold meal. "Yebo Ali uphumaphi? (Where are you from?)" He asks. "Emall (from the mall)" I answer. He nods then walks to the living room and calls me there. When I am sitted he looks at me intently and I know that look. That look says ' Buhlebethongo you and I need to talk ' and I just listen and talk when need be. "Why did you hit him so that I know when he decides to file charges?" He asks finally after the mental torture he put me through. "He cheated on me" I say half honest. "So you think it's ok for girls to just start hitting boys because they cheated? Does it not fall under Gender based violence or demostic violence mhmm?" He asks a bit more stern. I start playing with my fingers just keeping quiet and I know he's getting irritated because of the hole he's burning on my face with his eyes.

"Khuluma Buhle." He commands as I swallow the last bit of spit in my mouth. "Yes Baba it does but I... He slept with another girl then sent me the video only to make himself the victim when he finally saw me the next day. He wanted to make me believe that I caused it that I made him cheat." I say letting the honest truth out. He sighs then motions with his hand showing me to come to him. I sit beside him as he lays me on his chest and plays with my hair. This is how I know that I am forgiven. "I am very proud of you for knowing when a boy is bullshiting you instead of agreeing to everything he says. Submission is a choice and it only comes willingly you cannot be forced to submit. Kodwa Hlehle, you are also not free to go around punching people because you are too beautiful to spend a night in a jail cell so please ok. If a boy is shitting on you, let uBaba handle it ok?" He says. "Yebo Baba" I respond.

The rest of the day went pretty well after the talk with my father and all. We both prepared dinner and had it in a comfortable, peaceful silence. He kept stealing glances at me here and there. I feel hurtful sometimes when it clicks that my father has been choosing me over any and every women who has ever crossed our path. He would be in love but then in a few weeks the women would no longer be seen or heard off. I love him mostly for all the sacrifices he has made for me and for all the times he'd stop what he was doing just to nurse me back to health. He is a father that most children deserve while others really need. "Baba" I said looking at him in his beautiful eyes. "Hlehle" he responds with a hint of love and aprieciation in his gruff voice which is normally filled with domination. "I love you" I say seething with pure honesty because it's the way I feel.

"I love you too Hlehle wakaBaba" he says with a big smile plastered on his face and his eyes twinkling with love and adoration. If it was possible I would spend the rest of my life thanking God for this amazing gift of a father. The door interrupts me from my thoughts as my father quickly bolts up and attends to it. I wonder who would want to disturb us in such a loving way. I heard a deep voice almost like my father but a little under deep. I don't know if I'm making sense but the voice didn't exactly sound like my Dad's so o decided to find out who it might be and as soon as I step next to my father, i see someone, someone that is just.... What the hell? "Baba what's going on?"