Sequel

Sekuphelile(it's done)

Narrated

The beauty that comes with a discussion on one's life is the most intriguing thing to witness. Beautiful flowers line up the long walk to the big long wooded box she was laid into. White roses just like her delicate heart and beautiful aura.

He comes stumbling in reeking of  alcohol from the three bottles of whiskey he shoved down his throat. His prayers and hopes all flushed down as he sees the beautiful white casket ready to be dropped down where her little angel will rest forever. His eyes water with more tears as his heart floods with pain.

He walks to the small group of people crying silently as he sees his worst nightmare before him. "MaKhumalo" he whispers as he walks even closer before his brother Phiwe stops him from walking any closer. He struggles to get out of his hold as his arms fight to be let go. Phakade, the one he respects more than his own father comes to view stopping Phiwe from his silent imprisonment.

"Mdedele bafo (let him brother)... He needs to say goodbye." Phakade utters in a monotone that would send shills down anyone's back. He stares at his brother in hollowness trying to find any type of feeling to feel sorry for him or rather hug him. That would be too difficult of a task for him as he let's himself walk away and stand at a close distance from the open grave.

Phila kneels on the red sand, tears flooding out his eyes as the rest of the Khumalo's watch him in pity. They feel their hearts bleed at the sight of a fully grown man sobbing for his girlfriend. The Mabaso's stand besides the Khumalo's in antsy. "Standwasami...vuka MaKhumalo. Ngiyacela mama. (My love...wake up please mama)"

His words only bring about hurt in the hearts of the people around him. "Please baby wake up. Please... I need (sniff) I need more time with you. Ngiyacolisa (I'm sorry). Please Mama." He sobbs even harder as reality sinks in. The truth that he will never see her again, never hear her wonderful laughter again or her beautiful voice. He will never be afforded the chance to stare at her beautiful light skin that almost looks like she bathed in a bathtub filled with milk.

Finally after an hour was given to him. Buhlebethongo Khumalo is laid to rest. A beautiful soul meant to achieve greatness is laid to rest. Her love, her heart and her humility will always be remembered. By  some she was defined as a warrior who fought the battle that took her life. While to some she is described as the one who got away. Truth is she's gone now. Resting in eternal peace.

Inside the room where she took her life in stands Philasande, crying with sombre seeping out of him. His left hand clutched onto the heavy piece of metal he has. His right hand accommodating his mouth with the burning drink that he has submerged himself in over the last few days leading onto the funeral. Truth is she didn't think she'd actually go through with it just like he thought it'd be yet another trip to the hospital where he will make her promise never to do what she did.

Unfortunately it was too late to live it all out. She had already lost a lot of blood when the ambulance arrived. The image of her laying in a pool of her own blood would haunt him till the end of his days. Even after all the killing he had done, the blood he had spilt but the only thing strong enough to set him apart was seeing her like that. The life in her eyes had already died down.

That glint he loved so much was... gone. "Bafo wenzani? Philasande? (What are you doing brother?)" Phakade calls out as he stands behind his deranged brother who looks like his soul had already left him. "Angkwazi mina Phakade. Ngiyamdinga uMaKhumalo. I just can't. (I can't. I need her.)" He says sniffing in between his words. His heart beating to the sound of his heart breaking into smaller pieces.

"Do you think she would want this? For you to just take your life like this?" He turns around, his eyes darkening, awakening something deep inside. If it was up to that thing, they would be on a killing spree right now ridding the world of people like Mangaliso. "She chose to take hers, what would be so frowned upon if I decide to take mine? Hmm?"

Phakade's face stays cold, unemotive more and more frightening by the day. He cares more for Phila than he does for anyone of his family members. After all they are the only two people considered bastard children all because their father couldn't keep his zip up which resulted in them being born in the care of women with mental disorders as well as depression.

"You want to leave me here all alone? Is that it?" Phakade asks with a tone that would make anyone rethink their entire life choices. But not Philasande, he knew his brother better than anyone else. He knew what he was trying to do. "Don't... don't do that." He says as he sits on the closed toilet seat with his hands supporting his head.

Both hands still very much still occupied with the half drinked bottle of whiskey as well as the heavy silver hand gun. "What she did was cowardly but you can't do that. It would...hurt me." He says hesitantly as the words seem forced out of his mouth. He needs his brother alive for his sanity or all help will break loose.

"I hear you bafo. Ngiyaxolisa kodwa angkhoni bafo. I can't live without her. (I am sorry brother but is can't.)" His voice sounds strained and tired. "I did. I still do" Phakade utters his tone softening just a little bit. Phila chuckles as he tries to imagine his brother in love. "Yours is still very much alive bafo. uMakhumalo..." He pauses as words seem to fail him.

Silence sounds through the entire room as their shallow breaths are heard. "What am I gonna do without her?" He whispers. A rhetorical question on his end not really asking for an answer. Just closure and her. "You live better than you did. You make her proud, you make yourself proud. You can't change the hands of time bafo and I know deep down you also know that whatever that thing is inside of you won't just let you take your life like that."

His bluntness holds a tint of truth in it. But he saved him nonetheless. Is this the end of Philasande's story? I don't know. Is this the end of the Mabaso storyline, not at the moment. Love heals, love loves and love appreciates. It can be in many forms and sometimes the challenges of it are too hard to stand with.

But love... love is phenomenal.