You Wouldn't Like What I Said

Scene 1: Addington High Courtyard

Heather Blakely

Not today. Not now.

I see Leo and hide behind the wall.

With any luck, I won't have to see him until class on Monday...and even then, we don't have to speak.

"Heather?"

Then again, luck has never been on my side.

"Oh...hi," I muttered as I walked out.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing..."

"Elle...found this." He opened his hand and showed me scraps. It's ripped to pieces..."Figured you'd want it back."

"Wow, thanks," I said, scornfully.

"I'm sorry. But, you were throwing it away though, right?"

"Right, that makes this okay, then." I shook my head and huffed. "I'm so sick of you two."

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you find this entertaining? Is this what you both do for fun?"

"Us?" Leo scoffed. "None of this would've happened if you left her alone in the first place."

"I apologized to your psycho girlfriend."

"No, you didn't. And don't start calling her names."

I scowled. "Go to hell."

"What're you so mad for? I didn't even have to come here and-"

"You need me to be the punchline of every joke because there's nothing else that's interesting about your relationship. I hope I gave you a great laugh, now forget it all and leave me alone."

"I didn't read it."

"You expect me to believe that?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't care either way at this point." He shrugged and gave me a judgmental glance. "And you say she's the crazy one."

"Literally yes."

"I must have a type then."

"Oh, and what's that? Completely insane for putting up with you?" I argued.

"Yeah, I don't think you minded with how fucking clingy you were."

"Please," I rolled my eyes. "If I was clingy it's because you are so insecure and jealous that it was the only way to comfort you."

"What, you think I was afraid a guy wouldn't be able to see past your looks and realize how boring you are?"

"No, I think you were afraid a guy would find out I was dating a loser and try to save me from you."

He scoffed. "Would've been doing me a favor."

"Be happy I didn't break up with you sooner."

"Right, I could tell you were dying to," Leo replied, sarcastically.

"Well, there was always this glaring reason."

"Don't be shy," he gestured for me to continue. And I want this to be over so badly...

"You were never good enough for me," I said, coldly.

A moment passed, silence as he stared at me...stunned, even though he didn't show it on his face.

"Okay." Leo nodded and started to back away... "Then, fuck you."

Scene 2: Addington High Interior Courtyard