We Didn't Know How Good it Used to Be

Scene 1: Addington High Back Hallway

Heather Blakely

There is intention behind most things.

"Heather."

I assumed that if I stayed here after the first bell...I might run into you.

And.

I sifted through my uncertainty and found that I am almost certain I won't be able to handle this.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I've been looking for you."

"Have you? Why?"

"Just wanted to say good morning to you, butterfly," he simpered.

Then again, what could be so hard about this?

"Good morning," I smiled back, too consumed by the entirety of him,

"How was that thing with your mom?"

"It was fun, actually. I stayed with Trevor the whole time."

"Mm," he grumbled, his eyes falling to my legs and his fingers going with them.

I stopped his hand from pulling up the hem. "I think trying to lift my skirt goes against your rules."

"You're probably right," Leo smirked.

I smiled in return for his...until I thought about how this is only a reminder that I am restricted even when you don't have a girlfriend. God, I can't believe you had a girlfriend...

"I should get to class."

"Okay," he stepped back. "Are you mad at me?"

"No. Did you want to say anything else?"

"No."

I pressed my lips together to hide the disappointment before waving goodbye. "See you."

"Yeah."

Don't turn around. Don't turn around. Don't...

Leo hadn't moved an inch when I turned. He knew I'd look back, and it made him chuckle when I proved him right.

Yes, you have me. Again.

He walked over and hooked his hand behind my neck granting me my sin. I am so easy.

He smiled while kissing me and pressed me harder against the lockers. His hands stayed above the waist, creeping up my body but staying below my bra. I can't let him know how much I'm enjoying this. Leo is so collected and I am fighting the urge to bite his lip.

"I like this," he mumbled, hardly pulling away. "I'm glad we're doing this."

"Are you?" I said lowly, feeling windswept.

"Whenever I'm tempted to kiss you—I can just do it now."

"You were tempted before?"

He nodded and his lips ghosted over my neck. "Weren't you?"

I nodded, eagerly. "Tell me when."

"For one, that entire day we spent hanging out after school because of that food drive thing or whatever."

I pretend I have to think about what he was referring to. "Interesting."

"I felt so guilty. But I wanted you bad."

A smirk came across my face. "Continue."

"You do that on purpose, don't you?"

"Do what?"