Recruitment

Pete's POV
"Are you awake?" I hear Vegas's voice as soon as I open my eyes.

I get surprised as I get up from the bed to find him looking at me with a Frown. 'Why is Vegas always Frowning'

"A smile would suit you better" I say aloud by mistake and it seems he heard it.
"I mean...What are you doing here Khun Vegas?"

"Oh! So you Know to call Me Khun" He taunts. "Macau forced me to look after you until you are conscious. Apparently I am the reason you cried and became unconscious. Many have dropped drinks but this is the first time when someone destroyed my expensive suit with their crying."

"It's just you remind me of a Dear one. So, I felt overwhelmed and cried."

"I didn't ask. Anyways Because of it, I had to wait here and Take care of you."

"Thanks a lot Khun Vegas. I am sorry for the inconvenience I caused. You must be too busy with work."

"Hmm... Good that you know. I will leave now."

After he leaves Macau enters and asks about my wellbeing and informs me that he will be taking me to The Main Family for Recruitment purposes. I had already given him my fake documents so someone from the main family would be checking those and later I can start working for the Theerapanyakul Family. Macau then leaves me to rest by myself and I drift to sleep thinking about going to the Main Family Tomorrow.

THE NEXT DAY

I am being taken to the Main Family. I am sitting in the car with Macau and Bodyguard Nop. Vegas is in another car following us. I wish we could take the same car so that I could spend some more time with him. But I shouldn't be greedy, I will have lots of chances to work with him in the future.

The cars stop at the Main Mansion and we enter the Main Passageway. I look in awe because this Mansion is huge. Our Saengtham Manor was big but this is Double it's size.
I am walking behind Macau and Vegas when suddenly they halt near a big room. Macau instructs me to go to the Training hall where all Bodyguards and Servants will be profiled and recruited.

I nod as I find my way across the hallway and towards the Hall But I forgot my talent of being bad with directions and so...... Here I am somewhere in this Mansion that I don't know. Where is the Hall? Oh No! Vegas will scold me if I am late and there is No-one here to ask directions either.

I am looking around when I find a guy sitting beneath a tree, looking at the sky but with a hint of sadness in his eyes. I want to cheer him but I know nothing about this stranger so I thought it better to leave him by himself.

"Why do I have to marry someone like Pete?" I hear him sigh.

'Wait. Pete? Me? Is he Kinn?' I think to myself.

Wait! Isn't this a good chance for me? I can just convince Kinn not to marry me and he can tell the Elders and everything will be solved. He doesn't have to be tied down with Pete and can just openly date Porche later with no interruptions from Pete.

I walk towards him and suggest "You don't have to If You don't wanna"