Kabanata 33

Kabanata 33

Sadie

"How'd it go?" tanong ni Eiji nang mai-lock ko ang pinto ng opisina niya.

Bumuntong hininga ako at pabagsak na naupo sa leather couch. "He's jealous, of course."

"Good."

"Remind mw why Rig has to be dragged into this again? He's a total asshole by the way." Yes, gwapo, pero hindi ko kursunada ang angas na taglay.

Ngumisi ang kapatid ko. "I told you yesterday that Rig and I are competing against Konnar to reach the top, right?"

"I clearly remember."

"Good." He leaned on his swivel chair. "Mr. Beun, his dad's former secretary, he's the one I met before the auction. It was a lie when I told you I picked up my date. We just met outside the venue."

"And?"

"Well, Konnar's dad gave me and Rig an offer. We both realized that if we cannot beat Konnar, might as well join them. The older Ducani promised to open a new corporation with us if we will follow his instructions."

Umikot ang mga mata ko. "So bottom line is, I became an instrument for you to do business with the Samaniegos and the Ducanis, hmm? Wow. Sibling of the year, Eiji. Fuck you."

Tumayo siya at lumipat sa aking tabi. "Come on, sis. With the influence of the Samaniegos and the brilliance of the legendary Khalil Ducani, we can build a great business." He tucked a few strands of my hair towards the back. "I don't want you relying on your husband someday about everything. Dad didn't have enough money to level with my mom, that's why it took him this long to finally see you. We have to listen to Konnar's dad. I swear, this business is for you, Sadie."

I sighed. Nagi-guilty ako na kailangan kong magpanggap na ini-entertain ko si Rig Samaniego, kaya lang ay tingin ko may plano ang matandang Ducani. Anak niya pa rin si Konnar. Whatever is going on in his mind, I have a feeling that his Dad just wants the best for him.

"What did he tell you? I mean, what's the purpose of this all aside from his offer?"

"He said he wanted his son to understand that if he wants someone really badly, he better know how he will secure his spot in her life. In your life, and I think he's got a point, Sadie. If you will get back with him easily, what's the guarantee that he'd learned his lessons? Aside from that, Sir Khalil wanted Konnar to figure out if he's already sure about you."

Parang may dumagan sa dibdib ko nang may maisip. What if because of this insane plan they have, Konnar will soon realize that he's not really into me? I mean, what if he only wants me for a few months or a few years? Kaya ko bang tanggapin iyon kung sakali?

Yes, hindi pa tuluyang nawawala ang galit ko, pero papaano naman kung magkaayos na nga kami tapos ay ilang buwan o taon lang ay bigla niyang mapagtantong hindi ako ang babaeng gusto niyang makasama habambuhay?

I don't think I can handle that.

Lumamlam ang mga mata ko. "I'm scared, Eiji. I'm still mad at him, but that doesn't mean I don't love him anymore. What if he'd fall out of love with me because of this?"

"Nothing that is meant to stay, will just pass by. If he's really the one for you, the universe will always bring you back together. You know his parents' love story, right?"

I nodded while pursing my lips. "But what if he wasn't the one?"

"Then why worry? That means someone else is made for you. All you gotta do is wait for the right moment for you to meet whoever it is."

Napatitig ako nang ilang segundo kay Eiji. Kaya ko bang tanggapin iyon kung sakali? Will I be able to look at someone else and see my future with him? Kasi sa kabila ng galit ko, tuwing napapatitig ako kay Konnar, sa kanya ko pa rin nakikita ang habambuhay na gusto ko.