Five

"I thought you—"

"Yeah." He replied. I caught his neck glistening as sweat dripped down from his forehead towards the side of his face.

"Are you doing something?"

"Nah—oh, yeah."

"I'm sorry to interfere with his highnesses' royal errands." The sarcasm was shown in my voice.

"Not really. My sister asked if you were coming, and when she found out that I left you here, she begged me to pick you up."

I nodded after finding out what was the real cause of him going back to the university after four hours. The strenuous activity he was doing that made him sweat like crazy and his compression shirt drenched in wetness. I gave him a good look and chuckled at his state.

"What?" He noticed.

"You look like a wet duck." I told him.

"But you love this wet duck . . ." He gulped. "This wet duck's car."

"No, not really."

"Then, why are you here then?" He asked.

"For your sister. She asked me to see her and I am doing it."

"Not for me?" He faked an upside down smile and pouted. He buckled up his seatbelt, and I did the same. He started the engine.

"No, not for you. I'm afraid to break the ego of his highness."

He was silent for a moment as he quickly drove towards his house. When I found the car in the parking lot of his house, I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door, but it was still locked.

"In a hurry?"

"Kind of." I tried to open it, but it was still locked. "Come on, Scott. Open the freaking door."

"Let's get one thing done here." He clasped his hands together and leaned closer to me.

"What? You're scaring me. I just wanted to eat. I know your sister's cooking is out of this world. So open the freaking door right now."

"No, I want to clear things up?"

"Like what?" I asked him, confused.

"Is he really your classmate?" Was he pertaining to Nathan?

"Yes, why?"

"Nothing more, and more less."

"More less?" I chuckled at his sudden questioning. "What are you thinking? Do you think I will trade you over him like you did to me to your buddies?"

His eyes widened. I could see how shocked his eyes were.

"I did not swap you with my fellow engineering classmates."

"Oh, really?" I raised a brow, not believing what he just said. Soon enough, he would consider me a burden that he needed to pick up every single morning.

"Well, I was close to hanging around Nathan more. But, your sister made delicious food. That is something I could not trade off."

"Then I'll bring you often."

"No need." I dismissed his offer. "Just open the freaking door and let me eat. I'm hungry."

"Okay."

He unlocked the door of his car, and I quickly got out. The air outside the car was still no match from the freshness it held against the conditioned one. I breathed in some of it until I saw Scott get out of his car and gave me a look.

"You can go to the kitchen. My sister was there. I am just going back to what I am doing."

"Okay." I replied back and headed to the kitchen of his house. I saw the lady with an apron on. She was in front of the oven, pulling a cake out of it. She placed it on a counter and was taken aback that I was standing by the door frame. She thought I was someone else and held the whisk as she was ready to attack me with it.

"Hello, I think I was late."

"No, you're not. Come on in." She motioned for me to get inside. "I thought you were someone else. I was ready to throw the whole cake to you."

"I'm sorry for scaring you."

"No, it's okay?" I watched how her eyes looked behind me. "Where's Scottie?"

"Oh, he said he was doing something." I told her.

"Look at that guy. A moment ago, he was coming here half-naked and dirty, sweating asking me if I should go cook something because he would pick you up, and now, he's leaving you with me." I had a confused look at my face.

"He told me you want to see me."

"Well, I did, too. That's why I cook your favorite and let Scottie bring them for you.

"Oh, I see." Did Scott just lie to me? I thought it was his sister who wanted to see me.

"Anyways, how are the siopaos? Are they bad? It's my first time doing them."

"Really? First time? Believe me, they were all good. You're really a pro at cooking."

"Thank you." My compliment made a smile across her entire face, and I was proud of myself that I was able to bring one to someone. She went back into cooking but before she finished frosting the cake she just took out of the oven, she went to the fridge and grabbed a slice of cake. SHe placed the plate on the counter and pushed it towards me.

"I just made it a few hours ago. I thought you'd be here by lunch, so I made one, but Scott came home alone." She grabbed a fork and placed it on the side of the cake.

"I will probably keep coming back here."

"You should." We both looked past my shoulder, and Scott appeared out of nowhere. His face dripped sweat, and his neck glistened with it. His shirt was drenching with it forming a map on his chest, and it made me chuckle at his state. The fork I just grabbed was stolen, and the culprit was now the man devouring my cake.

"It's mine." He announced.

"Thief."

"Well, all yours is mine."

"Not really."

"Oh, then I should take back what's mine." He uttered and I was confused. What is it that he wanted to take then?

"Is that the line you always use to hook up girls?" His sister started asking him. She was curious about his love life and so did I. He never shared or talked about anyone and that made his sister so eager to find out what he was hiding.

"No, I only told that to Ash just now."

"Oh, wow."

"He hides a lot of things." I whispered at his sister but loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh, really? Like what?" He asked, trying to provoke me to utter a word about what he was hiding but of course I knew none.

"Uhm—" I felt pressured. I was torn between telling something we all knew and a lie.

"There's only one thing I hide from all of you." He stated and his eyes were all fixated at mine.

***

Thank you for the support by reading. A vote or sharing this story would be much appreciated.