Twenty Six

I started with decorating the cakes so we would be efficient while Scott helped with the packing of the cookies while taking one in every tray of them after being freshly taken out of the oven. He was busy doing it, fixing the boxes, trying to set them up. We just telepathically decided not to bring up what just happened and decided to continue working.

Ate Lucy was busy mixing up things in a large mixing bowl with a whisk. She told me that the mixer would be arriving tomorrow, and she had to endure all of that for the meantime.

"Let me." Scott offered a hand to her in which she gladly gave him the bowl. I could see how strained her arms were, and flour was on her apron. She was exhausted. She was probably tired of doing all of these things all on her own.

"You can rest, Ate Lucy." I told her.

"I cannot. The wedding was this weekend, and another couple asked for additional cupcakes and cookies for their anniversary on Tuesday of next week."

"Oh, that might be so tiring."

"It won't be anymore. Thanks to you." She smiled.

I was able to decorate all the cakes left and would be baking for another set of them tomorrow. I helped with the paking and preparing of the mixture to be baked tomorrow in the morning. Ate Lucy would be doing all of that in the morning while I would be doing the decoration by the evening. Of course, Ate Lucy told me that she would also help since they were a ton and could not let me do it all alone by myself.

It was twelve o'clock when we stopped doing anything. We were all exhausted, and my hands were all dirty with icing from the piping bag coming out of nowhere and messing up with my hands.

"We put all of the prepared mixture in the refrigerator."

"The other fridge was filled with another set of boxes of cookies and a few boxed cakes." Scott told her. His shoulder fell, and I knew he was tired, and just like me, our eyes were closely shutting on their own, and we were both fighting, so we would stay awake.

"I made a space for the half empty piping bags inside the fridge with unboxed cakes and undecorated cupcakes." I told her. She nodded.

"Alright, we can all rest now."

"Thank you. I'll get going now." I told her, and they gave me a look. I avoided their stares and straight to the clock. It was fifteen minutes past twelve. I got to hurry. It was probably dark outside, and walking was the only way I could do just to get to Sasha, where I currently was staying. My father would not even know that I was not staying at home since he did not even care.

"Stay here. It's dark outside. It's not safe anymore for you to go." Ate Lucy told me. She reached out for the sleeve of my sweater.

"Ugh. I would be fine." I nervously uttered, declining the offer.

"No. Stay here. Whether you like it or not." Scott butted in. I just gave him a surprised look.

"Please, Ash. It's for your safety. We don't want you to get hurt."

"No, really. I am okay. Plus, Sasha will be waiting for me."

"I already texted her." Scott brought out his phone and showed me his message to Sasha.

"See. It's okay. She would be fine."

"She did not reply. She probably did not receive it and was worrying about me." I told her.

"Damn it. I'll call her." Scott dialed her and put it into speaker mode so that we could hear the ringing on the other end.  It took a few more rings before we got to hear Sasha with her half awake voice, a groggy one and far from someone who was waiting and worrying about me.

"Ash will be staying here."

"Yeah, yeah. I received the text. I was asleep so I couldn't make a reply. Take care of him for me."

He ended the call.

"See. It's okay. Don't worry too much."

"Let's go." Scott pushed me gently and dragged me away from his sister, who made her way towards her bedroom. Scott had his hands wrapped around both of my shoulders as we made our way to his bedroom.

I freed myself from his grasp by wriggling my body and taling his hands away from me.

"I'll take the guest's room." I told him which was just a few meters away from the door of his bedroom.

"What?" He just asked. I guessed he was just as tired as me, so he could not utter a proper reply.

I made my way past through the doors of his bedroom.

"It's dusty there."

"I'll brush them off."

"You won't be comfortable there."

"It's still a bed, after all."

"Fuck, we were all tired. Don't bother cleaning. Just sleep on my bed like we used too."

"I am avoiding . . ."

"Avoiding what? Eyes? There's no one around. No one would spy you and me here. Why are you afraid of me all of the sudden? Why are you avoiding me when the gossip was dying down?"

I did not utter a reply. I was too tired to argue.

"Like I said, I don't care about what they were saying. I don't even care what they think. What I care about is us? Because I don't want just a simple post ruining what we have before. And I cannot stand making you wait for that damned boy and spending most of your time with that fucker."

"What are you talking about?"

"Fine. You want the guest's room. Here." He reached out for my wrist and dragged me to the door of the room I was talking about. He opened it and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and slammed both of us on it.

"Stay with me for a moment. I want to feel what I felt the last time."

***
I'll be updating every day now. Since my job contract is ending and my parents are nagging me daily for going to be unemployed next month, I have time to write more. Hehehe Wish me luck on my job hunting era. BRB crying my ass out. Anyways, support me by voting, following, and commenting something nice. Thanks for the support. We are nearing 4k reads. Share this with your other bl reader friends.