Twenty Two

He was still sitting there. Looking at me like some beast waiting for his prey to lose its sight on him. He couldn't camouflage himself in a crowd where all eyes were on him. A humongous built that was standing out from the rest of the lads in the crowds.

He sat there sipping his iced caramel macchiato. He was purposefully drinking it very slow and was making eye contact at least every other second to keep me from his sight in case I just hovered my way out of here and ran away as fast as I could. Well, that was my initial thought. But decided not to.

I was handling most of the cashier duties as my partner for today was preparing the orders. I could do get some slices of cakes and two to three refreshments, but when it came to brewing coffees, it's not my thing.

People were lining up. And I needed to punch the orders as fast as I could.

"Name, Maam." I asked.

"Maricar."

"Okay. I would just be calling you once your order's done. Thank you." I told the lady and smiled. She nodded and found herself a place to sit.

I handed the cup with the lady's name to the girl whose name I couldn't recall. She was busy doing the orders, and I just kept putting the cups beside hers as she picked up one after finishing what's on her hand.

I glanced over at Scott, whose face was madly focused now on the screen of his phone. He was typing something when it rang. He answered it. I was curious about who he was talking to that had his voice raised.

I could not really tell why he was mad about someone on the other end of the phone. He felt ashamed about his tone that he looked around after and when he saw some where eyeing him so he sulked into his seat and end the call. He was quick enough to put the phone down and started drinking the coffee again.

The bell of the door chimed, and a lady wearing his knee-length floral dress that complimentsd his sister. I was surprised by her sudden appearance at the coffee shop. She stood a few feet away from the door and was looking around.

Scott, who was sipping his iced coffee, stood up at the presence of his sister. Ate Lucy was paving her way towards him and gave him a warm hug.

"Keith, order for Maricar is done." She got my attention and quickly turned my back at them.

"Maricar?" I called out. The two who just gave each other a greeting looked at me, and we made eye contact. I could feel my check burned in heat as I was somewhat ashamed that they both saw me in this shape.

"Thank you." I handed the lady her coffee, and she went off.

Ate Lucy came up front and looked at the available coffee and refreshments from our menu. I quickly went to the counter where my hands were trembling from their presence. It was just a day had passed after the incident and I was already feeling the shame from facing her after putting her brother in a spot that I knew everyone who would be in his shoes would feel disgusted.

"One white chocolate mocha." She smiled.

"Okay. What else, Ma'am?"

She giggled.

"Can I request fir you for a moment?"

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. But I am currently working right now and could not cater such a request."

"Oh. After your shift. Are you available for a quick talk?"

"I am afraid I have somewhere to go."

I wrote her name on the cup and gave it to Vivienne. Now, I was  able to recall her name in the back of my head. However, her name was not what was running in my mind right now. Because I knew Scott had been planning something, and I didn't feel good about it.

"Oh, then when are you going to be free."

"I don't know, Ate." I told her.

(I saw from the stats that there are readers from other countries, so a quick funfact. The word "Ate," pronounced "ah-teh" that I used here, is not the past tense of eat. Hehe It is an honorific used in the Philippines to refer older sister, or any female older than you, to show respect.)

"May I know your schedule? This is quite urgent and I only think of you as my best option for this. Please do tell Scott when you are going to be free so he can give you a ride to our house."

Was this one of Scott's tricks? Were they up to something? Clearly, they were because they wouldn't show up to my work like this without any suspicious activities behind their back. I was terrified now.

"What does he say?" Scott came behind her and asked. His eyes were looking at me, then back at Ate Lucy.

"He's busy."

"That's a lie." He looked at me and stepped in front of her sister.

"After that fucking post, you have been doing nothing but keep on avoiding me like I am some criminal. Fine. I'll leave you alone. That's all you want, right?" He told me. His voice raised again, and not everyone was looking at the counter. I might be getting fired again. His blood boiling and rage flowed through his veins.

"Let's go, Ate." He called for Ate Lucy. Thankfully, the coffee was done, and I handed it to her.

"It's on me. Sorry, Ate." I told her.

"Don't worry about him. I know about everything. I apologize for his inappropriate actions."

"No need to apologize, Ate." I told her.

"I know he was throwing tantrums because he told me that you are being so distant. However, I do want to talk to you about other matters, so please give Scott a call if you are free. Is that alright?" Ate Lucy contained the calmness in her voice as if nothing happened.

"You can just . . . "

"See you." She ran out of the coffee shop.

"Give me your number." Words turned into a faint whisper.

I texted Sasha if I could spend the night with her as I would have no place to sleep for the next coming days. Thankfully, she was considerate of my position and came to the coffee shop to fetch me. I knew I was being a nuisance to her, but she just gave me a smile.

"It's nice to have a friend to talk to every night since I have been living alone for almost two months now." She told me after setting my foot in her apartment where she told me that was small enough but actually bigger than what my mind assumed after what she told me.

I spent the next few nights at Sasha's apartment, and for a couple of days, I hadn't seen Scott either. Like what he promised, no sight of him from anywhere, no figure, no face or even shadow would be caught in a glimpse.

Should I text him?

But what should I tell him? That I want to see him?

"Hi, your Ate asked me if I am free because she wants to talk to me with something. I am free now." I texted.

"Stay where you are. I am coming." It just a couple of seconds before a response came in a flash.

***
What do you think Scott's sister want to tell Ash?? Thank you so much for waiting. Much love to all of you. The support is amazing, and I am so grateful for that. As always, vote, give me a follow, comment and share it with fellow bl romance lover.