Thirty-Four

"Why running?" He yelled at me as he made another step towards me.

I quickly distanced myself from him the moment he asked for the ridiculous thing someone might ask for another. It's not that I didn't want any of this to happen, but I found it quite sudden for me to react to his demands.

A kiss? In the middle of nowhere?

"What if we started dating?" He asked.

I stood straight. The gayness in me, however, couldn't. I was taken aback by his suggestion. Was he in the right mind? My knees were glued as it stiffened from his suggestion.

"The post."

"Still worried about that?"

I did not utter a response.

"Come on. Don't worry about it and worry about us." He stepped closer, diminishing the distance between us that I set.

"What the hell is happening to you?" I asked after he buried his face on my chest and wrapped his arm around me as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"What should we do on our first date?" He asked. A smile was planted across his entire face.

"No date. No hugging and no us. Okay?" I clarified to him. I was still not fully in my most courageous self to admit that I wanted to date the hotshot of all of the freshmen in the engineering building. What more gossip that I could possibly imagine I would get from people around.

"What? I thought we were clear of what we felt."

"Yes, we are on good terms. We know both of our feelings and that we admitted to both of ourselves that we liked each other. But that doest mean we have to do what others do when they tell each other about their feelings."

"But, our feelings are reciprocated. Why can't we just move forward and not think of anything else?"

"Why can't you understand that that's not how it works for us?"

"Let me guess. The post? The rumors? What more? They'll judge us. I don't care. Can you please stop caring about what others had said?"

"I . . ."

"I like you very much. I am willing to lose friends, be a loner, or be a total stranger to everyone, but please let me be with you." He begged.

"I like you too, but I can not see you being dragged around the way they dragged me with their words."

"Let's keep this a secret." He suggested.

"What?"

"No one will know. Only us. This is better. Let me take you on dates, buy you gifts, hold your hands, carry your stuff, and pick you up. Let me do all of that. Everyone would still think we were just really good friends. I know that's what you want."

"Fine." I gave in. "But no PDA."

"Okay. Public display of affection, right?"

"Right."

"Promise?"

"Okay. Yes. I am dating you with these conditions. We are official now. Happy?" I was surely squealing inside but kept that myself because I did not want for him to know that I was totally excited and scared at the same time.

"Okay. I agreed. Since the public is not good for you, then we can do it in private?" He smirked. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me in so that our bodies crashed at the impact. He leaned in for what I knew was how this became my one of the best five seconds of my life.

"What the?" I asked. I tried to cover my lips with my hands as we parted. He slid his arms around my waist as if I would attempt to run.

"No one's here, so private display of affection is good, right?" He smiled as if he was so proud of what he did.

"No. Is that even a word?"

"Since we are going to keep things for ourselves, everything will be private." I was now contemplating on what I had just said.

"Plus, there's no backing out since we already agreed, and the word of mouth was legally binding, and none of us can possibly get out of this unless amended."

"And now you're pulling out your law degree."

"I am not, but if you want to fall into a debt, then I would gladly sue you for breaking the contract by not showing any private display of affection towards me and made me sad." He pouted.

"Damn, you're smart."

"So, we can continue this in the car?" He smirked. My mind went into a spiral of thoughts at all the things those wordings could mean a thousand things.

"Damn, no. You're thinking way too ahead." I blurted out, but I could still feel my cheeks burning from the embarrassment.

"Then, can I kiss you again?" My eyes landed on his lips. Those five seconds earlier was a mere contact, and for sure, my body was reacting like I needed more of those lips. For sure, if anyone would see us. . . No, stop thinking about anyone else. Stop thinking of what they would say or how they would react. I told myself that I should be just like Scott. What do I want for this moment?

Little did I know, I was making him wait for a long time for a response. His eyes were pleading as if he was deprived of it from his youth to up to this day. I felt like I wanted to say no, but at the same time, I had second thoughts of wanting for another kiss from him.

"What?" He asked. "Will you let me? We're dating anyway, just so you know."

"Hmm." I responded with a mere incoherent hum.

"What that? Use your words, bunny." His gaze never left mine.

"I said, 'Yes, you damn duck.' " I could feel how ashamed I was of giving someone full permission to kiss me. I gulped, knowing full well of what was about to happen after agreeing to his request.

He leaned in like what he did earlier and held the back of my head so he could prevent it from moving away. His lips touched mine. Scent of mint filled my nostrils at the first gasp of air I heaved before holding my breath. His lips were soft and I loved how they brushed against mine.

"You're so tensed."

***
Merry Christmas to those who were celebrating it and Happy Holidays. Thank you for the support. Wishing for you guys to continue to support me until next year. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu