Thirty-Seven

"I have something to confess." He sighed. "I don't know if you're going to be mad at me or not. But I want to be honest with you, so I will be telling you this."

"What is it?" I asked. What could be the possible things that he might do that I didn’t know of that could possibly make me mad?

"Promise me first that you won't get mad at me." He leaned in. His face was slowly burrowing kn my neck. His breath fanning on that sensitive part that sent down chills on my spine.

"Okay, I promise." I replied and teasingly rolled my eyes at him. He wouldn’t be able to see it anyway.

"I want to apologize first since you are dragged with all this mess."

"What do you mean?"

"This whole thing is supposed to be a lie."

"What thing?" I asked.

"This whole baking thing. It was just supposed to be an experimental thing so that you can work here with me rather than with anyone else."

"You really are something else."

"I told you. Work for me. I didn't have any specifics at that time. But I can make something for you. However, you didn’t want to."

"I mean, you're hella rich, and I did not know how you would come up with an idea of paying me."

"Well, I came up with this idea. The whole bakery thing. Ate Lucy loved cooking and baking, so I suggested opening one since she was also baking goods for a few handful of people who loved her goods."

"However, it got popular, and orders came rushing in." I asked, smiling at the thought of him being in disarray after finding out what he suggested became an instant hit. I watched him in the back of my mind, being at distre

"True. I thought that we would be able to help you with these small hobbies of hers."

"And you know that I can't say no to her, right?" I was having second thoughts on what I should do in my position. It was making my knees weak, and in any time now, it would falter and fall. Instead, I reached my hands on his cheek, and he tilted his head on it so he could feel my touch.

"Yes. I know." It was a faint whisper. His voice was huskier than before. Maybe because it was due to the fact that this day was so tiring or because of the fact that the flood of emotions rushed through his veins.

"Don't avoid me." He uttered. He was pained. His voice radiated how much my actions had stabbed him in all different places. "I can't do it anymore if you do it again."

"I am not avoiding you. I'm just getting a little bit conscious of things."

"What are the things you're conscious about?" He asked. "It's just me. We've known each other since we were young. We played with the mud puddles and now with our lives. We shared our losses and victories together, and we've known each other's flaws and strengths."

"But I am still new to this kind of thing. People will . . ."

"I don't care what they think about me, about the things I want, about whom I interact with, or even about whom I love." The last word turned into a faint whisper, and I watched how his chest expanded at how he heaved a breath.

"I am not like you, Scott. I wish I was."

"I know. I did not want you to tell the world or someone else that you feel the same. All I want is for me to know if I do have a chance. Let me know so I can move on." He brushed his hands on my cheeks, then down to the side of my neck that sent shivers down my spine.

"I already told you about that." I told him and smiled nervously.

"Then make it clear. So I wouldn't get lost."

"I like you. Okay. So stop making me repeat it. Because if you asked me to do it again, I would just straight out rushed my way out of here and wouldn't have the face to see you again. Okay?"

"I won't let that happen." I closed the gaps between us. His head buried on my neck and his breath fanning against my nape. His arms quickly grappled its way around my waist and pressed his body against mine.

I was in complete utter shock of his actions. I was used to the skinship we shared before. The close contact between us and how we casually just held hands, hugs, and others turned from being normal into an awkward one, knowing that there was malice between those actions. I used to enjoy all of these, being the only one who had the lurking feelings tingling my heart. Now, it was reciprocated. And I did not know how to feel. Should I be happy? Nervous of the life ahead of us? Contented that I finally had to experience all of this? Relieved that in all of those flaws and questions unanswered, he accepted me for who I was? Scared of people's judgment and for they could possibly talk ill about us?

"I won't let you go now. You'll gonna stay with me like this forever." He mumbled with his face planted on the shoulder. I could feel how he savored my scent with a good sniff, but I tried to ignore it as it subtly tickled me. I held myself on and contained what I was feeling.

He tightened his arms around me, and I tried to push him away.

"Let me go." I told him. My hands clasped on his biceps.

"I won't do that. Because I knew you would run away if I do."

In just a swift motion, his arms fell on my waist. He tightened how he entangled them around it and lifted me up with ease. He hovered me through the edge of the bed and gently laid my back on the mattress. He crawled on top of me when I hurriedly backed up, kicking the sheets on the process.

"Let me." His hand fell on mine.

***
Sorry for rhe late update. Enjoy guys. Belated Happy Valentines.