Thirty-Five

"Police." I told him when I saw a faint light of a car with lights above and the word 'Police' largely painted on the hood of the car.

I waved my hands out in the air, and Scott turned to look at the incoming car. The incoming car would probably notice us if we continued to do this. Thankfully, they stopped and pulled their windows down.

"What's the matter?" The one on the side of the driver asked. He gave us a warm smile and a bright one that would enlighten the night.

"We ran out of gas. Is there a way for you to help us, sir?" I asked, feeling a little hopeful that they would indeed help us with our current situation.

"Thankfully, we got extra bottles here." The one whose hands were in the steering wheel told us in which brought delight to our faces.

We paid the cops for the bottle of gas. Of course, they were rejecting the money I was trying to hand them, but they drove off as fast as they could before I could even toss the bills through the windows. I thanked bothe them from afar, shouting at them. Scott took the bottle and put it inside his car. Fortunately, the one they had was the one needed for Scott’s car.

"Hop in." He told me in which I quickly obliged.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's 8:30PM already." He looked at the clock. I did not know that we had been waiting for quite a long time.

"It's that late already?"

"Yeah. We need to find a gas station so that I can fill up the tank."

"Sure, sure. Go ahead."

He started the engine and drove. Once we got to the gas station we passed by, he filled the tank and parked to the convenience store beside the station.

"Anything you want?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Okay, wait for me here. Be a good boy."

"The hell with good boy." I asked. I was looking by the window and turned to look at his sudden outworldly remark. But then, his damp soft lips were pressed against mine, and I couldn't help but savor those good five seconds.

"I didn't know I was driving with a thief." I told him, pertaining to the stolen kiss he just got.

"I didn’t know you wanted more." He flirted back.

"Well, doesn’t mean you can do that every time you want."

"Well, we're in private, so Private Display of Affection can take place."

"Stop joking around. Your sister doesn’t even know yet."

"She will be thrilled."

"I hope she's not like . . ."

"She's not like those girls. I'll get back to you. I'll buy something inside."

I nodded in response and waited for him after he jogged his aay inside the cinvenience store. I watch as to how his head popped out from rows of shelves of goods as how tall he was. I admired how he dropped and picked up some stuff and not so patiently fell in line. I saw him glancing at me, then gave me a smile as I was him from afar.

He jogged back to the car with a bag of some things that he had picked up from the store. He swung the door open and then hopped in.

"Where’s my welcome back kiss?"

"Pfft. You didn’t go that far. The convenience store is just a few feet away. There is no need for that." I replied. I tried to brush him off.

"Babe? You hate me?" He pouted and acted like a baby with lumps of muscles. "But I bought your fave."

"Your face." I giggled at his surprising looks.

"You make me sad." The pouting continued as if he was a toddler who lost his pacifier and was about to throw a tantrum.

"I didn't do anything, so you have no reason to be sad."

"I have a reason."

"Then, what is it?"

"We're official now, so please don't deprive me of a kiss."

"I was not depriving you of it. You already got two for this day."

"That's not enough." He put the bag on my lap, and my eyes widened at the sight of fluffy white buns as its smell filled my nostrils after inhaling it.

"Your favorite." My stomach growled at the delicous scent. The white buns greeted me. I knew that from the familiar scent, it was the ones we used to buy before heading home.

"You like siopao." He told me. (A/N: Not me eating the same thing while writing this.)

"How much? The convenience store was different from the one we used to go to."

"This would do." He did stole another kiss again. But this time, it was on the cheeks. His soft lips damped it lightly as if a little more force would break me.

"Not again, you little thief."

"But you love this thief." He pointed to himself.

"Whatever." I took the siopao out of the bag and quickly took a bite from it after unwrapping it. I took a few mouthful of bites and then looked at Scott, whose hand was on his chin, and was smiling as his stares were fixed on me.

"What?"

"You look cute. I never ever told you this. But, I love it when your cheeks puffed at how many siopao bites you can fille your mouth. I have never ever got a chance to tell you that, so now I am telling you that you're cute." So, he's telling me that he had feelings for me way before and did not have any guts to tell me. Damn it.

"When did you exactly admit to yourself that you like me?" I wanted to clarify things. And I wanted to know if this was actually real or if he's playing. Maybe they teamed up with the ones who posted on the freedom wall page and set me up with a recording or some things. However, if he ever was teaming up with them, why would he ever kiss me?

***
Hello!! I have been in a roller coaster ride for the last few days so that this update was kind of late. I would like to apologize to that but I am giving my very best to still update. Thank you so much for the love and support. As our routinely reminder, please do vote, follow me, comment and share.

PS. I also came across with some issues with Wattpad not showing a few chapters. Please please please let me know if my chapters were complete up until this part. Let me know in the comments if you were experiencing this also.