Thirty Six

"Like I said, I was denying this sort of feelings back then. I was acting a little jealous of that jerk of a friend you have. How about you? When did your heart flutter to my oozing handsomeness?"

"Oozing handsomeness, my foot." My upper lip twitched.

"So when was it?"

"I think eversince when we were a kid."

"Damn, you're quite obsessive."

"Damn you." I snarled at him. He laughed.

We enjoyed the food he bought from the convenience atoee and laughed at each others joke in the middle of nowhere inside his car. Once done, he quickly started the engine and drove it. But the driveway home was quite silent, except for a few inquiries about today's deliveries.

But then, after a few minutes, I was awakened by an arm snaking behind my back and behind my knees as he was ready to lift me up as I fell into my slumber. My eyes shut open after realizing that we already were at the front of Scott's house and he was about to take me out of the car.

His eyes widened at my sudden jolts at his touch. I could not help but just smile at how surprised he was that I suddenly woke up after barely touching me.

"Sorry. I woke you up." He apologized and kept his hands to himself.

"That’s okay. Thank you." I offered my gratitude towards him thinking of carrying me inside.

"We're here."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Around 9PM."

"Oh, it's late." I responded.

"Stay here for the night. I know Sasha wouldn't mind having the entire apartment to herself." He commented. "You can stay here with me longer if you wanted."

"Thanks."

"Come on in. It's cold, guys." Ate Lucy called out from the door. She was covered with her blanket and was waiting for us to arrive.

"Sorry, it took us too long." Scott apologized to his sister.

"Don't worry. I prepare you both food for dinner. I know you two would be really hungry, so head to the kitchen or get changed." She told us. She gave us pats on our shoulders the moment we stepped in the house. I removed my shoes, and the sound of the movie being played on the television echoed inside the living room.

She went back to the sofa with her blanket and continued watching the movie. I guessed that the cakes were done for today and were stored in the fridge for tomorrow's delivery.

"Let's eat first then we can go to my room and get changed." Scott told me.

"Yep." I agreed and followed him to the kitchen. Once done, I got our plates and put it in the sink, and washed it. Since there’s only a dish and we share a glass for the water, it was quick enough for me to clean. I thought Scott headed first to his room, but to my surprise, after I turned around, he was playing with his dead-batt phone and was waiting for me.

"Oh, I thought you were heading to your room first."

"No. I am waiting for you to finish so we can go together."

"I see." He stood straight from leaning on the counter and was about to leave when he saw me finishing up the cleaning with drying my hands with paper towels I found above the kitchen counter.

"Scott, uhm." I called out, in which he was quick enough to turn around and look at me. His eyebrows raised, and his shoulder rose from the anticipation of something. I tried to recollect my words, but I ended up scratching the back of my head to think about the right thing to utter without being too demanding or to be a burden to his broad shoulders.

"Would you lend me some clothes? I knew you already lent me this hoodie, but do you have spare shirts that I could use?" I asked him. My eyes twitched a little, and my voice turned into a faint whisper.

"Of course," he sighed, and his shoulders fell. He made a few steps forward and closed the gap between us. "No problem, Ash. You don't even have to ask. What's mine is yours."

"Okay." I replied. "Thank you."

"Let's go." He reached out for my hand and dragged me to the hallways and into his room. I freed my hand from his grasp in which he turned to look and complained.

"What? Why?"

"I need to get something." I told him.

"What is it. I'll go get it for you." He told me in which I raised both of my hands and waved at him.

"No need. It's just in the other room." I pointed at the guest room I stayed at last night.

"Go ahead and wash up. I'll look at your closet later." I jogged towards the room, and the moment my hand clasped and turned the knob, Scott snaked his arm on top of mine and wrapped his hands on top of mine on the knob.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He abruptly pushed the door, and with me, he dragged both of our bodies inside the guest room and shut the door with a loud thud. In just a swift motion, he pushed my back on the now-shut door, and I heard I clicked after he locked locked it.

"Ash, are you avoiding me?" He asked. His eyes went to the floor, and now mine. He placed both of his arms on both of my sides, enclosing me to his body prison.

"What? No." I told him in my defense. My tone was raised as nervousness crept down my spine.

"Then what are you doing?" He asked.

I gulped.

"After we kissed, you avoided my touch when I was about to carry you, and you didn't even bat an eye to look at me while we were eating dinner." He told me.

I remained silent as his forehead fell on my shoulder.

"In just a span of a few hours, you already turned cold after I confessed. Now that you're avoiding me, how can I sleep well tonight?"

"Tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it. Fix us."

***
Sorry for the late upload. I was busy with some things. Thank you for waiting. As our every update reminder: vote, follow, comment, and share. Thank you so much for the support.