Thirty

I quickly went to the kitchen and followed them as Ate Lucy started giving directions to Scott and warned him about having detours and such. I followed their tracks and found that the cakes were already packed and were ready for delivery.

"Where are we taking all of this?" I asked Ate Lucy. She turned to look at me and gave me the brightest smile in the earliest of mornings.

"A cafe in the central market then the orphanage."

"Oh, I see."

"They're the usuals. The cafe was obviously for business reasons while the orphanage was for the birthday parties of kids."

"She usually adds a few boxes for them to enjoy, too."

"That's too nice of you, Ate Lucy." I commented.

"Thank you. It's just a way of us getting back to the community, especially when these cakes brought smiles to those children."

"You're right. I wished I could do the same." I replied.

"I know you can too soon. You have a good heart and are a hard-working student. You'll succeed soon. Hopefully, you'll find someone who will take care of you in the future." She smiled at me.

"Hopefully, Ate Lucy. But I just gave up on that thing."

"Huh? You're still young. You have your life ahead of you. You're eventually going to meet someone." She replied.

"Nah. Before, I did have high hopes that when I grew older, I would find someone who would find me interesting for who I was. But now, I did still have hopes about it, but it was less than 0.00000001 percent and kind of accepted that I would be going to be forever alone." I told them, and their faces sunk in sadness. As if I had told them my will. It was just a fragment of me that died. And that fragment was the one hoping for someone to love me, care for me, and accept me wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, that fragment was long gone and was left only with shadows, hoping that one day it would come back.

After the post, the only person who really took care of me was Scott. He was with me through my ups and downs. During that time, I revealed to him how cowardly I was about everything. Now, he was probably thinking of the same thing as what the post had told almost everyone on the campus. I admitted it myself, I like Scott. I fell for his voice, his demeanor, the shadows I longed after separating our ways as we walked on the street claiming a direction for the lone us to tread, his brightest as the sun smiles and the feeling of waking up with his arms around.

And now I could not understand myself because he knew that if he asked her sister to tell me something, I would fold. And now that I am here, I tried my best to compose myself and show no emotion. After this cake thing. After all of the help needed, Ate Lucy asked. After all of this, I'll end everything before the damage burns the entire hand when it could have just been one finger.

We all gathersd up and take the boxss to Scott's car. They were piled up in the back seat and onto the floor of the car. I got from the kitchen the last set of boxes of cakes and nearly bumped into Scott. I held my breath and let out a yelp.

"Let me take this." He told me the moment he saw the piled up boxes.

"I can do it." He peeked behind where the kitchen was and found out that there were no boxes left.

"It's heavy."

"Yeah, I know, so move out of the way." I told him.

"Let me take these." He snatched the boxes out of me as if he could control how the cakes would move inside of them. I quickly held the upper boxes and stopped them from moving.

"Careful." I told him.

"Okay. I got it." He reassured me.

We walked out of the house and saw Ate Lucy fixing the boxes inside so it would not fall. We made our way to her, and she got a few boxes and slowly stacked them all up inside. Afraid to make a mess out of the boxes of cakes and baked goods, she placed them gently as if she was holding a baby.

"Have breakfast on your way there." Ate Lucy told us.

"We will." Scott replied and went to the driver's seat.

I waved at Ate Lucy, who jogged her way to the front doorstep and waited for us to get it. I saw enough space at the backseat. I was about to enter when I heard Scott yelling at me.

"What are you doing?"

"What?" I asked dumbfoundedly. I was surprised at his sudden tone raised.

"Why are you seating there?" He asked.

"The cakes they might fall."

"They're good." He sighed. "We're not leaving until you sit next to me."

"Fine. Then I wait."

"Do you want me to drag you out of there?" He asked. He was pissed and irritated by my move. I thought that me, being on the backseat would not cause any commotion on places we were going in case we bumped into someone we knew from university. I was thinking that this would avoid all the rumors surrounding us and got himself out of the trouble.

News flash: The star engineering freshman was being played by a guy from the literature department like an open book.

That would be a great headline for any campus journalism club members to write about us. It's catchy. The main headline was about a star freshman. Everyone would gush to see those published articles just like what they did on a post about me being a leech, sucking all the money out of Scott.

"Fine." The next moment, I saw Scott jogging his way towards me and scoot his arm under my legs and lifted me up as if I was some injured guy. Damn, my life is ruined. If anyone would be able to see how he carried me like some bride and groom, but instead of being happy, we were both pissed and annoyed.

"Put me down."

"This is what you want, right?" He leaned closer. His face nearing mine.

***
Sorry for the late upload. As always, vote, follow, comment something to motivate me hehe and share. Thank you so much for the support. Almost 5k reads guys. Thank you so much.

LITTLE SELF PROMO(SORRY IF THIS IS BOTHERSOME YOU CAN SKIP READING THIS):

I was working on my gay cozy fantasy romance novel about a matchmaker who cannot find his match. It more like he could see other people's soulmate and need to match 100 pairs and if he was able to do so, his soulmate would appear. Yes, it's gay. And yes, I know I am a crappy writer and still want to improve my craft. And that's what I was thankful for cause y'all reading this crap story even though it's full of mistakes and bad writing. Thank you for that.

I was trying to submit it to indie publishers or self-publish it. If an indie pub get this, I don't know what the price might be. If I self pub, I would be doing it for .99 cents for a full length novel. However, I really want for an indie pub to get it since they would be able to provide paperback and proper editing that I am lack of. Anyways, that's it for my self promo. Thank you so much. Anyone interested??