Prologue

"Gigi!! Try and get me!" Liam started running around the playground in grammy's backyard. I started to run to try and get him but he was running way too fast. Stupid Liam and his hockey. It made him run even faster!

"Liam!... I'm tired!! Can we stop running?" I plopped down on the grass, while Liam ran over to me from the playset.

"Sorry Gigi..." Liam sat down next to me and looked at me with his goregous eyes. His eyes were so pretty. They were like a sunset. And sunsets are pretty, very pretty.

"It's okay. I'm getting kind of hungry, you wanna ask grammy to make sandwhiches?" I suggest to Liam. He nods and smiles brightly at me. His smile was like a sunset, very pretty.

"So, are you excited?" Liam asks while helping me up from the ground. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"For?" I question, while we started walking towards the back door of grammy's house.

"To turn seven, duh." Liam rolled his eyes and scoffed at me.

"Oh yeah! I'm inviting you, Claire, Shelby, Aiden, and Shane!" Those were my best friends. Liam also was allowed to invite one friend of his because he was my number one VIP guest. My mom would tell me I could pick one special guest for each of my birthday parties. This year, like every year, I chose Liam.

"Oh yeah! I can't wait to see Aiden again. I'm gonna invite Drew." Liam said happily. I hated Drew, Drew always made fun of me and always told me that I would get fat when I grew up. When I told Drew I wanted to be a Doctor when I grow up he said all I'll ever be is fat. I would tell Liam but then Liam would be mad at Drew, they were such good friends. I wouldn't want to do that.

"Oh really?! I haven't seen him in a while." I smiled at Liam while he opened the sliding door for me.

"Grammy!" I yelled into the almost empty home.

"Yes dears? Are you done playing?" She came around from the kitchen, asking us in her raspy old woman voice.

"Yes. We want some sandwhiches." Liam kindly asks my grandmother as we sit down on the dining table. My grammy smiled and made us some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
-

Liam

Today was Gianna's seventh birthday. I was going to make sure, as her number one VIP special guest, it would be the best. Just like every year. This year she was having a princess party. Her mom planned it all out.

Since it was a princess party and I was her special guest, I got to match outfits with her! How cool is that? I was going to be a prince while she was going to be a princess.

"Liam! Drew's here! We gotta get going soon though!" My mom yelled from downstairs. Yay Drew's here! I can't wait to introduce him to Gianna again.

"Hey br-" I turned around to see Drew... he was in a prince costume... I was the guest of honor though...

"Hey I was the VIP guest at Gianna's party." I stalked over to him. I was angry.

"Well, I thought I could be a prince too." Drew just shrugged at me.

"Go change. Here." I handed him some of my clothes, some that wouldn't make him look like a prince.

I was the only person who could be Gianna's prince.

"Let's go boys!" I heard my mom call from downstairs so I grabbed Drew and dragged him to the car.
-

When we got to Gianna's house, which wasn't actually far. We could've walked but my mom brought her so many presents we couldn't carry them.

"Mary!" I saw Gigi's mom come running out of their house to come hug my mom.

"Hey Nicole!" My mom hugged her back, giving the presents to her.

"Hi my sweet little prince. Aren't you the cutest! How are you Liam?" Nicole asked me while we walked inside her house.

"I've been good!" I was jumping up and down trying to find Gigi.

"If you're wondering where Gigi is, she's upstairs. She wanted her sisters to help her get ready because she said she was a "big girl". Nicole chuckled lightly at the thought.

I guess it was kinda funny. Gigi was growing so fast. I was a year and a half older than her but since I was born in november I got to stay back in her grade.

"She won't be down until later, and specifically told me you, specifically you, weren't allowed to see her until later." Nicole looked down at me and patted my hair. Aww I wanted to play with Gigi before her party...
-

"Alrighty! I'm Marissa, Gianna's prettier older sister." Marissa started to speak on a microphone from the top of their staircase as a chorus of laughter broke out, especially from Nicole and my mom. Marissa was thirteen and was very pretty but Gigi looked almost exactly like her, maybe prettier.

"Anyway, this is Gianna's seventh birthday party, and she said she wanted it to be "big girl" and grown up. So... introducing... our princess for the evening, our birthday celebrant, and the prettiest most sweet little girl of the night. Gianna Mendez!" And with that Gianna came down the stairs in a light purple dress. Wow. She was so pretty. Her brunnette pin straight hair was curled a little at the end and cascading down her back. She princess waved at all her friends who were standing next to me.

She was looking for me so I waved my hands in the air and her eyes lit up as soon as she saw me. I looked to my right and saw Aiden and Shane smiling wide and waving to her. Claire and Shelby were squealing over how pretty Gigi's dress was, but I think the prettiest thing was Gigi in general.

"Liam!!" Gigi ran towards me, launching herself into my arms. I immediately smelt her vanilla, minty smell. She always smelt good, except for when we were playing outside in the sun. She always smelt like sun.

"Hey! You look amazing Gigi!" I hugged her tight, she was smiling so much I could feel it against my chest.

"Thanks! You look great my prince!" She pulled back and looked me up and down while I made a funny face, making her giggle.

"Hey Gigi." Drew stepped towards her from behind me and I watched her flinch back, the smile immediately fading from her face.

"Hi...could you maybe not call me that? I only really like Liam and my other friends calling me Gigi." She explained. My chest felt tight. Why does it feel like that? Is this what it feels like to have a heart attack?

"Relax. It's her kind gesture that's making your heart tense up." I felt a pat on my back and saw Gianna's older brother, Matt, standing above me. Patting me on my back.

"Oh." I simply replied. Watched from a few steps back as Drew backed off. Gigi smiled again seeing Claire, Shelby, Aiden, and Shane.

They started talking excitedly about how pretty Gigi looked and how we all had to convince our parents to sleepover at Gigi's.

"You'll get her someday, Li. She'll come around." Matt hugged me and walked into the living room, where the crowd was.

What's that supposed to mean? I'm already best friends with Gigi.

aww that's so cute. I hope you enjoyed this chapter bc I really liked making it