10

I turned and tossed in these sheets.

These sheets.

They're not my white and purple ones.

I sat straight up and realized I wasn't even in my bed.

What happened again?

Then it hit me.

Drew raped me. Again.

After eight years of peace and tranquillity, he does it again.

I felt the tears start to string from my eyes, pooling. The unsettling, sick feeling came back up from my stomach. The feeling of his dirty hands on me again.

The tears just kept streaming down my face. I sat there sobbing. His filthy hands touched me in places I'd never want anyone to even see.

Wait. I need to call someone. I'm not even in my own house. Who's house am I in?

Claire and Shelby never told me who's house we were going to for the party, I assumed it was some randoms.

"Mom I'm just going to check on her okay?! I'll be there in a second." I heard a deep, non familiar voice.

"Hey..I'm Lucas. Don't worry I'm not hurting you or anything." Lucas opened his door and walked towards me. I've never seen this boy ever, not at school and he's definitely not one of Liam's friends.

"Oh okay." I soon realized I was shaking.

"Last night I came upstairs and I saw some guy on top you and I was about to leave and say sorry when I realized you were unconscious." I gulp nervously as he continues,

"That's when I realized the situation and punched him in the face. I dragged him downstairs, while he was naked as payback for what he was doing to you. Everybody crowded around him and I left him there for him to puddle up in embarrassment." Despite me shaking and crying from last night, a smile tugged at my lips hearing what he had done.

"Thank you."

"It's not problem really. I haven't told anyone what he was doing to you because I know sometimes people don't feel comfortable telling people. " I smiled at how thoughtful he was being.

"Thank you. That really means a lot to me" My heart melted at how he let me be the one to tell people.

"It's no problem. But now since I know, is it okay if I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure."

"How long has he been doing this?"

"Since I was six and he was seven. His father had told him what he was doing to his mother and he thought it was okay. He started doing those things to me. At first it was just touching. He would 'accidentally' walk in on me while I was changing and touch me. The first time he had asked to touch my.." I felt myself start to choke up.

"He asked to touch me...so he knew what it felt like. I never allowed him but he did it anyway. Over the years it escalated and I just stopped caring." That wasn't true and I knew it. I always cared. I lived in fear of him, had nightmares every night of him sneaking into my bedroom.

"I'm so sorry. I really am. Do you need me to drop you off anywhere? Call anyone? Eat anything?" He was accommodating to anything I needed. I just wanted to go home.

"Thank you. Really. I just need a ride home that's all." I smile but it wasn't true.
-

Now, while I'm riding home in a strangers car, I wonder. Why didn't anyone take me home last night?

I knew at least Liam would ask where I was. But nobody even asked? Did they? Nobody cared?

"You look deep in thought." He commented.

"I am. Did nobody ask where I was?"

"Oh no. Honey, they did. Especially that one boy. Liam? I think that's his name." He kept his eyes on the road even whilst talking to me.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I shut the party down after I found you and I pushed everyone out. Liam was banging on my door for a hour."

"Oh." I couldn't say anything more.

"So. Let's think of something better. You and the Liam boy? Dating? or denying?" Lucas smirked.

"To be honest, he thinks of me as his little cousin probably." I speak truthfully. I won't say he doesn't like me and I don't like him but I just don't think he has more interest in me.

"Alright sister. We both know that's not true."

"Whatever." I laugh lightly.

"What about you? Girlfriend?" I ask.

"Nope. Boyfriend." I felt my jaw drop. Lucas realized my reaction and laughed at it. Oh shit, I hope that wasn't offensive.

"Sorry! I was just in shock. What's his name?" I ask trying to clear the awkwardness.

"Coco. He's amazing...is this your house?" He pulled up to my house. I smiled to myself as I looked over my childhood home.

"Yes. Thank you so much Lucas. You healed me more today than I would've been able to own my own." I hug him from across the car. Tears brimming my eyes.

"Your very welcome. We should hangout sometime. If Mr big hottie hot let's you." He winked.

"Yeah here's my number." I chuckled at his comment about Liam. He is hot though I won't lie.

We exchanged numbers before hugging once again.

I grabbed the key from my purse and stuck it into the keyhole entering my home.

"Hi?" Everybody was standing there staring at me.

"Oh my fucking god. I am so happy your safe." Mari rushed up to me hugging the guts out of my body.

"I know. I just find this whole situation strange." I don't want to tell them about the whole Drew thing just yet.

"Me too. Liam said some boy hit you and another one defended you?" I guess that's what Lucas said to him.

"Um. Yeah." I reply. I look over to Liam and his eyes are both soft yet hard. His expression is unreadable.

"I'm just so glad your safe. Do I need to talk to anybody? I'm never letting you go to a party again."

"I don't think I want to." I mumble to myself.

"Well I'm not mad at you. The party had ended and I'm friends with Lucas's mom and she texted me saying it was completely fine if you slept there. She said you were tired and her son found you passed out on his bed." Mari explained. I couldn't take my eyes off Liam who was both looking at me in adoration but also looking at me like he was about to murder somebody.

"Thanks Mari. And Lucas is pretty nice we're gonna hangout sometime." I smile.

"Great! He's such a kind boy." Mari hugged me and left to go upstairs. To do what? I'm unsure.

"Gianna." A deep silky voice cut in before I left the room.

"Heyyy...." I dragged out my y's in a childish manner. Maybe he'll laugh?

"Gianna. You can't do that! This is why I come with you to parties. I was worried sick last night. I almost threw up because I had to leave you in some boys house. Who's Lucas anyway? And why are you going on a date with him?" Liam was face to face with my now, our faces inches apart.

"I'm sorry Liam. I didn't mean to. I just got really tired I'm sorry." I cast my eyes down to the floor in shame.

"It's okay I didn't mean to let it all out on you like that." He grabbed my waist and hugged me. His warmth overtaking my coldness. For a second I couldn't imagine those filthy hands on me because of Liam. That feeling left once we let go.

That's when I realized.

Liam didn't make me feel safe, he is my safety.