40

After awhile of driving me and Liam drove home towards my house.

"You're gorgeous you know that?" Liam comments as he drives on the highway, occasionally looking over at me.

"Stop Liam. Seriously, I don't know how to react when you say stuff like that." I say quietly, because I really don't.

Nobody has ever treated me as well as Liam. He puts up with my shopping and reading addiction happily. He loves to listen to me ramble on about the newest book I finished or follows me around giving me his best fashion advice when I shop.

He makes me food even when I'm not hungry, brings my baby brother out for dates occasionally, and has a good relationship with Marissa. What more could a girl want.

Plus he's hot.

"Well how could I not? It's just what I'm thinking baby." He shrugs and pulls off to the side of the road.

"Why are we here?" If I was with Drew I'd be in panic mode but I know Liam wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

"Come out." Liam runs to my door quickly to help me out and open the door. We sit on the back of his truck on the truck bed and I realize there's some pillows and blankets out.

"Come on." Liam says as I stand behind watching his eyes sparkle in the moonlight and his smile glistening. He's unreal.

I walk towards the truck bed and lay down next to him as we cuddle and look up at the stars.

"Wow." I never took the time to ever look up at the stars and now that I am it's so crazy.

"All those little bright shining stars..." I whisper.

"You're my bright shining star." Liam whispers in my ear.

"Forever and always." I turn my head to face him this time and smile.

"Forever?"

"Forever." He confirms.

We sit there for almost two hours talking and staring at the stars. We got caught up on a lot of things.

My sister and her college life, Rikky, his mom, my mom's new boyfriend, and everything in general.

"Let's get going? It's late and you need rest." He grabs my hand and helps me out of the truck and back inside.

"Thank you, what a gentleman." I gasp and put a hand to my heart as he opens the passenger door for me.

"Of course, only for you." He winks and walks around the car to start it.

We pull out of the field we were in and go back on the street to drive to my house.

We drive for a few minutes and I see our neighborhood sign. I stare out the window until a frantic buzzing starts, from Liam's phone.

"Do you want me to get that?" I ask.

"Yeah sure. Who is it?" He doesn't even hesitate on saying yes. So I pick it up from the cup holder and answer it.

"It's your dad?" I question since I haven't seen him in a long time.

I see Liam's face tense and go back to being normal.

"Answer it? It's probably just Charlotte."

"Hello?" I answer.

"Liam? Li?!" I hear Charlotte's frantic calls.

"Charlotte? Sweetie it's Gianna are you okay?" I start searching for something, I don't know what but there's nothing right about this.

"No! Please come help there's something going on and I don't know! It's dark and I'm scared." She cries out.

"Shit." I whisper.

"Okay are you at home? Mom or dads?" I ask.

"I'm at mommy's but daddy's here too with some other people. Daddy gave me his phone to keep myself busy but he put me in this closet and it's dark. Please hurry up! He locked it. I hear scary noises too.." She whispers.

"Okay we're on our way just stay on the phone."

I put myself on mute and look over to Liam who's scared as shit.

"Go to your moms. Charlotte just called saying there's something going on and your dad's there and other people. He locked her in the closet or some shit." Liam doesn't need more of a explanation.

We arrive to the house within two minutes, shortening our trip in half.

I start to get out of the car when Liam stops me.

"Gi, my dad and mom aren't the same as before...they have more conflict and I don't want you getting into their shit. Stay here and I'll send Charlotte out so just watch for her okay?" He stops me quickly. I can tell by the serious look on his face that he's dead serious.

"Okay. Be safe." I kiss him quickly before he goes inside.

I start feeling uneasy about this and within the first 3 minutes, Charlotte comes running out with tears streaming down her face.

"Oh baby." I grab her and pull her inside the car to sit on my lap.

"He locked me in there and it was dark. I was so scared and Liam grabbed me and put me out the door. I started hearing yelling and I got scared." She sobbed into my arms.

No little girl ever should go through this.

"It's okay." I brush her hair out as I wait patiently for Liam to come out.

"Gi?" She looked up at me with glossy eyes and I almost started crying from the sight of it.

"Yes?"

"I'm really scared." Charlotte's lip trembled.

"Oh baby I know. Just sit tight and we can go home." I rest my head on top of her's.

We wait for what feels like forever and Liam finally comes out, his nose bloody and a bruise in the corner of his eye but nevertheless he comes out and runs to the car.

"Oh god...Liam." I assess his face and he doesn't look over at me.

I understand that he needs some space right now from whatever happened in there so I take nothing to offense when he doesn't look our way the whole car ride home.

We stop in the driveway of my house and he runs a hand through his hair and looks over at me, I could see the tears threatening to leave his eyes.

Charlotte laid asleep in the backseat of the car since on the way here was short so I decided to let her lay across the backseat.

"Fuck. Baby I don't know what to do anymore." I grabbed him as he cried into my arms.

"What happened in there?" I asked.

"Fucked up shit. I'm tired of their bullshit, honestly. It's starting to affect Char and she's just growing Gi. She can't grow up around that." He said.

"Well you turn 18 soon. Maybe you can get custody of her." I suggest. Although it sounds stupid because he's still growing up too.

"Then what? Even if I do get custody, I have school, hockey, I still don't even have that much money." He sighs and sits upright.

"We'll figure it out. I'll help okay? We can do this together."

"For now is it okay if we stay at your house for a bit? I know I already do but-"

"Of course." I smile.

"I'm sorry this shit is so fucked up. One day I'll tell you everything." He sighs and gets out of the car to grab Charlotte.

Oh how I wanted to tell him the same.

A/N: i literally lost my laptop so i couldn't update so i wrote this whole thing on my phone😭