27

"Aiden?" Shelby speaks up and runs from the kitchen to hug Aiden first.

"Where the fuck were you man? Left us with all the girls!" Shane roughs up his head.

"Hey guys." He smiles lightly. Same Aiden.

"Where were you? You stopped answering our texts and calls!" Liam pushed him jokingly.

"I'll explain everything don't worry. Friends-giving I'm guessing?" Aiden guesses spot on.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Well everyone was over here and there's a turkey on the table with mashed potatoes. Also the sign." He point to the 'Happy Friends-giving' sign.

"Right." I say.

We sit down at the table and Aiden decides to finally tell us where he's been.

When he turned 11, he moved away with his dad. No trace left behind. Just a note left behind saying he moved away and be back in a few years.

"When I was 11, as you know, I moved away." Everyone suddenly turns serious as he starts telling the story.

"My father took me away because he said that it was safer around the place we moved to." Liam tenses. Aiden and Shane make eye contact with Liam as if they know something we don't.

"Turns out my father was a street racer and had lots of little shits on his tail, he moved us away from here to keep me safe. He got killed two days ago which is why I'm back." Aiden doesn't even let a single tear go. His face cold as stone.

"I'm so sorry." Shelby says, looking up at him. His eyes soften a bit while looking down at Shelby before going back to their cold state.

"That's okay. He was a bitch of a father anyway." He shrugged it off but no matter how bad of a parent they are, when they're gone you'll still miss them somewhat.

My phone starts ringing at the worst time of course.

Mom?

"Sorry I gotta take this. I'm sorry for your loss Aiden." I get up to hug him before running off to answer the call.

"Mom?"

"Hey sweetie. I'm so sorry I haven't been home but I promise I'm coming home right now. I've been so busy with work, they took me out to Florida for more research and I wasn't allowed to have a cellphone so I couldn't leak anything." She explains quickly.

"That's okay. Marissa just went back to college. I'll see you when you get home okay? Be safe mom. I love you." I cry a little, hearing my mom's voice for the first time in a few weeks was like music to my ears.

"I will, bye Gi I love you." The phone made a click sound and she was gone.

I went back to the dinner table and everyone was laughing at chatting.

"What'd I miss?" Liam looked at me and smirked. Right we haven't told Aiden.

"Oh right! Liam...you wanna tell him?" I smile.

"I have a girlfriend." Liam proudly states.

"Really? I didn't think you'd ever get a girlfriend." Aiden fake gasps.

"Well look at him he's so hot, how could he not have a incredibly gorgeous girlfriend?" I walk over to Liam and he wraps his arm around my waist and looks up at me since he was sitting and I was standing.

"No fucking way..." Realization sets into Aiden's face.

"No fucking way!!!" He gets up and hugs me and Liam.

"Yes fucking way." Liam grumbles.

"Congrats! When'd this happen?"

"Just today. I asked her before coming over here." Liam proudly says.

"I knew you could it."

"What do you mean..." I say slowly.

"Nothing." Aiden says quietly.

Ookay then.
-

Soon enough Friends-giving was done and everyone went home. Aiden stayed at the house since he had no place yet.

"You have fun?" Liam asked when we got into the car. He stuck his hand on my thigh again, like a holder.

"Yeah! It was crazy to see Aiden again." Aiden showing up was so crazy but it was nice to see him again.

"Yeah..." He muttered looking away from me.

"Liam.." What is he not telling me? He definitely isn't telling me something because he stopped looking at me.

"What?"

"Stop lying, you know you're not telling me something." I say.

"Me, Shane, and Aiden used to race together."

Sorry for the short chapter! All will be revealed next chapter, it's for suspense :0