16

"Okay so I have the popcorn, candy, and some soda. We need pizza!" She shouts. She decided that we were going to have a horror movie marathon with the kids. Obviously Rikky and Charlotte shouldn't be watching rated R movies but they get a pass whenever we watch these sort of movies since it's only every now and then.

Char only gets to have these marathons with me and Gi every now and then, and Rikky is too small to remember.

"French fries!" Charlotte shouts.

"Nuggies!" Rikky joins in.

"Okay I'll order mcdonalds!" She skips out leaving me with the two babies.

"Stop lookin at Gi or she'll notice!" My little sister came and climbed on the bed and plopped down next to me.

"What are you talking about?" I had to stifle a laughter when I heard that.

"My friend Emma told me all about this guy she had a crush on, and said he looked pretty, then I looked. She got mad and told me if you look too much they can tell you like them, and that's not good." I could tell she was confused because her brain looked like it was working in there, plus she's only five.

"Well, the thing is, how could you not look at something beautiful? Remember when we went to the beach?" I start.

"Yeah..."

"Remember how you never wanted to leave because you said the water was super pretty when it sparkled in the sunlight?"

"Yeah..."

"Well it's the same with Gi. How could you not ever want to leave her or just stop looking at her? She's beautiful."

"So if I have a crush I should look at them?" I let out a big sigh after she says that.

"No...I'm saying, it's not necessarily bad to look at him."

"Oh.." She drags out the h in the end, and her jaw dropped.

"Alright, I got everything!" Gi comes back inside after ten-ish minutes with a bag of McDonalds.

"Come on guys!" She hops down on her bed next to me and brought over this tray table she's had for a long time.

She pulled it over her bed and placed all the food on it. It had four little wheels on the bottom so it was easy to push away if we wanted to lay down or if we aren't hungry anymore.

We watch as she turns on the movie and we all get cozy together with the two kids in the middle, me and Gianna on the edges almost leaning over them.

The movie starts and I'm not even paying attention. The only thing I'm looking at is her. Watching her help Charlotte eat some popcorn, kissing them on the heads.

They're watching a fucking horror film and all I can think about is how amazing she looks with kids. Her eyes sparkle in some way that's so mesmerizing and alluring. The way she smiles at kids and looks down to reach them. All her life she's been the most kind soul yet the most adventurous. Every rollercoaster that would be in a amusement park she'd be fearless and ride every single one, yet if she sees a old man eating alone she cries.

"Liam?" She snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry what?"

"I asked if you saw that part?" To be honest I wasn't paying attention at all.

"Which part?"

"The part where she got put into a bread slicer." I felt my jaw drop. Damn.

"Oh yeah that was scary." I didn't even know what she was talking about but it sounds scary.

"You weren't even paying attention you jerk." She rolled her eyes and cuddled back with Charlotte. 

How was it even possible for someone to look so beautiful? How can she sit there and look so beautiful? Her laugh, her smile, her hair, the way she talks, the way she moves, every single part of her is perfect.

Gianna

Horror movies have always been a favorite. For me at least. I remember when I was younger, I was terrified of movies but as I got a little older, it gave me a rush if adrenaline. First horror movie I saw was the Fear Street trilogy and ever since then it had been one of my favorites.

Liam always understood I loved horror movies even though he hated it, he still watched them all with me.

I watched the screen as it turned to a black screen signaling the end of the movie.

"Liam?" Liam was asleep with Rikky on top of him almost, like he fell asleep whilst trying to crawl on top of him.

"Aw..." I whispered to myself. I couldn't help but let it slip out.

"What?" Charlotte was still awake. She was just like me. A mini me almost. Grew up being the only girl and the thrill seeker.

"Nothing. It's almost dinner time, anything you want?" I start to clean up the snacks that were scattered on the floor and table.

"Sandwich?" We've been having such plain meals this week but if it's what she wants then okay.

"Okay I'll make you a surprise one!" Every now and then when Charlotte comes over, I make her special meals just for her. Healing my inner child almost. I treat Char like my own baby sister or daughter even.

My mother was almost never home so I'd eat whatever was easy to make in the fridge, or a frozen pizza. I was home alone; a lot. So having Charlotte to take care of as my own really made me happy and proud. Like I said, healing my inner child. I do the same with Rikky when I can but he's not old enough to pick what he wants besides nuggets and apple juice.

God it's like I'm a maid.

A/N: Eeee!! Thank you guys so much for over 1k reads! I am so amazed by that. I actually wrote this chapter on the airplane haha! Happy new years! (Written 1/9/23)

Also, check the author's announcement for some very very exciting news!

(trust me you will love it.)