42

Ever since that night, me and Liam decided it's time to buy our own place.

My mom offered to pay for it and I said no but we settled on halfing the price since my mom wouldn't let up. She insisted that Charlotte needed all the toys and such for her new room. She wanted us to spend the money on Charlotte.

We moved into our apartment a few days ago and have only unpacked our mattress, Char's room, and some kitchen utensils. Basically the basic things we need to survive.

Our court date is soon and we have enough evidence to back everything up and our lawyer is confident that we'll get the right to take custody of Charlotte.

Liam's parents not once have bother to even text about him or Charlotte since he turned 19 a few months ago. Its summer now and Charlotte's off school so Liam wanted to take her to the beach sometime and I think today is the best.

So I pack up all the essentials, beach towels, sand toys, snacks, extra clothes, sunscreen, and towels. Basically anything and everything you'd need for a day out.

"Char! Can you come pick out your bathing suit and your clothes?" I call over to her and she comes running into her room. Her room is a shade of light pink with a small minature wooden bed in the corner, in the shape of a house. Fairy lights strewn on her roof and toys everywhere. She's grown quite a bit, Her birthday is coming up soon and you can only imagine how Liam reacted when she said she was "too old for toys" and wanted makeup and a volleyball instead.

"I want a bikini." She simply blurt and I laugh a little.

"Sure baby. But for now pick one that you already have. We can get you a bikini some other time." I smile and she picks out a light pink one piece with tiny white bows dotted on it.

"What about bikinis?" Liam comes in and sits on the floor next to me and Charlotte.

"Char wants a bikini, so I told her I'll buy her one sometime." I smile at Liam.

"A bikini?! Your barely six sweet pea." Liam gasps.

"All my older first grade friends wesr them! Even Emma and she's my age." Charlotte pouts.

"Don't worry baby I'll buy you one" I boop her nose and she smiles as she graciously says thank you.
-

"A bikini? Seriously?" Liam seems mad now. I really don't see the problem with her wearing a bikini.

"She's six Liam. My mom had me in bikinis my whole life. It was just my preference, maybe that's Charlotte's too." I shrug and kiss him on the cheek while he drives.

"She's just growing up so fast. I mean, she's so used to living with us, what if something goes wrong and she has to move." His face grows somber quickly. The joking face he had on two second ago has now faded. It's replaced with a grim look.

"Nothing will go wrong. She- we are going to be just fine."

A/N SUPER SHORT CHAPTER I KNOWWW! next chapter will be jam packed so be ready!