1

Present Day

"SHITT!!" I turn to my right and see Lism hiding under the Lala-loopsie blanket, hugging my baby brother for dear life. As if that's going to save you from a death craving psycho man.

"Li-Li, it's okie! It's just a scawy pewson with a scawy masssk!" My baby brother, Rikky, says. He's only three so he says anything with a r or s with a weird accent.

Liam chuckled and looked at me. Me, him and Rikky were on the floor of my bedroom, set up with pillow and blankets watching scary movies. It's october twenty seventh so Liam decided it'd be fun to get ready for "spooky season". He's also a "Let's put the christmas tree up its the day after halloween!" type of guy. Yep, he said that last year.

"Alright. Let's watch Election year next." I was way to chicken to watch horror movies alone, but I always watched them with Liam. Even as a kid. I always felt safe with him. Liam's a big scary guy now but if I didn't know him before high school I would've guessed Liam wouldn't even get scared by getting shot.

"Noo! Those candy girls fucking scare me." Liam deapanned at me. I just laughed.

I turned on Prime Video and rented Election Year. Liam and Rikky played, as I heard the coos and laughter of Rikky. I was so lucky to have these two.

The movie started and everybody got quiet. Rikky wasn't scared of horror movies, probably because he never really watched the movie. It was more of hanging out with Liam that he likes.

I've been friends with Liam since we were babies. We've been on vacations together, sleepovers, shopping trips, everything. That's just how it is because our moms are crazy best friends. But I'm not complaining. I love hanging out with him.
-

"Gi. Gi." My eyes fluttered open to meet Liam's dark blue ones.

"I fell asleep?" I asked. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep.

"Yeah. It's almost dinner time, I'm gonna head home." Liam helped me up and started to fold the blankets and put them away in their baskets. We both started to clean up the mess we had made, which was popcorn, candy, and blankets all over the floor.

"Where's Rikky?" I ask, noticing that he had all of a sudden disappeared.

"Oh well he fell asleep mid movie so while you were asleep, I brought him up to his crib and tucked him in for you and your mom. I figured it was the least I could do." Liam was always family here so he was comfortable moving around my house as if it was his own. But he's still extremely polite.

"Aw that's kind of you. Thanks. I'll tell mom. She's been working late again." I mumbled that last part quietly. My mom was a single mom and had to take care of four kids. And she had to pay for Marissa's college tuition. Of course she never told Marissa that we couldn't afford it, she was just so proud of Mari. Same with Matt. And Rikky...the new baby. She's just having a hard time, so I work part time to help.

"What?" I had grabbed Liam's attention now. He suddenly looked alert.

"You're mom's working late again? Is she okay? Are you guys okay?" He rushed over to me grabbing my shoulders.

"Yes we're fine, thank you." I smiled at him.

"Good. Just remember if you need me for anything, I'll be there." Liam softly spoke. I nodded and he engulfed me in a big strong hug.