14

Sometimes people say that you can only love someone if you truly love yourself. But sometimes people can manage to love another person while not loving themselves. They can pour all their love into the other person so their significant other is loved but it's okay to them if they get overlooked as long and their boyfriend is okay.

That's how I feel about Liam.

He isn't my boyfriend but I'd give him all the love in my body so he'd be okay.

The thoughts of love and contentment filled my brain while we sat in traffic. It was almost ten at night and we were still a hour and a half away from home.

I heard Liam starting to shuffle and sit up straight a little more so I looked over and there was a baby in the car next to us playing peek a boo with him.

"Boo!" He whispered. His hands opening by his eyes. The baby giggled at him.

They continued their cute playing until the light turned green, letting us all loose.

"Finally!" Shane slapped the wheel in joy because we had been stuck in that traffic for hours.

"God damn." Claire mumbled. Shane must've woke her up.

"Are we almost home?" Shelby woke up too due to all the commotion around her.

"No not yet. We got out of traffic at least." Shane replied.

Everybody stilled and went silent as we drove along, no traffic, just silence.
-

We finally got home, everyone leaving the car. Most of us only bothering to bring our phones and just clean up the rest tomorrow morning.

Me and Liam walked up to my room, Shelby and Claire sleeping in Marissa's room since she's out partying, and Shane sleeping on the couch. Rikky was asleep way before we got home so we had to be quiet.

I snuggled into my white duvet before Liam took of his shirt and hopped in next to me.

"You know, I'm really not tired since I
slept alot on that ride home." He starts.

"Whatever I know you're tired. It's okay to rest Li. I'm going to turn the TV on since you're "not tired" and I'm really not tired." I say.

"Okay then." He grabs his phone, his big arm stretching across my face to reach his phone on the right of me on the side table.

He readjusts his body so he's sitting up and starts using his phone, the white light brightening the one spot he was in.

"What movie should we watch?"  I ask.

"Liam?" He doesn't respond. I turn to my left and see him on his phone ignoring me.

"Liam!" I flick his forehead. He's gotten me real pissed now.

"Sorry!" He finally puts his phone down and looks at me.

"What movie?"

"Sorry I'm doing something on my phone one second." He puts his index finger up and picks his phone up again.

"Oh. What?"

"Scrolling."

"That's not important!" I flick his forehead again and sit back into my position, scrolling through Netflix.

"God damn.. this girl is so fucking hot-"

"Oh my god. Liam!" I slap his cheek now.

"Ow! What the hell?!"

"Will you stop it?! What girl?"

He shows me his phone and the girl on his phone was me.

"Awww Liam.." His goofy smile is back.

"I'm still hella pissed!" I flick him again before we both burst out in laughter.

There's my Liam.
-

"Were ya'll fucking or something because I could hear voices and lots of moving." Claire brought up while we all ate breakfast.

"No. And there is a baby present, so watch your language." Liam spoke up for me since I was sitting next to Rikky's high chair feeding him peaches and some baby bits of toast.

"Eh. He won't remeber." Claire shrugged.

"Okay. Out." Liam shooed Claire out to where Shelby and Shane were.

"So harsh." I say once he sits down again.

"Sorry. It's just I hate when people use that kind of language around kids." He softens as he watches me give Rikky more and more food.

"I know." He comes over to hug me before sitting in the dining room chair again.

"Hey I'm gonna get going. Thanks for last night you two! It was really fun!" Shelby comes running in, hugging me and Liam, and kissing Rikky on the forehead.

"Same we're going too. Thanks Gi."

"Not even me?" Liam quirked his eyebrow up at Claire.

"You just kicked me out of the dining room!"

"Bye Claire." He walks up and hugs her lightly before she follows Shelby and Shane out.
-

Me and Liam fell into a comfortable silence as we sat around the living room playing with Rikky. Mainly Liam chasing Rikky and throwing him in the air.

I put on a tv show, randomly while a phone ringed for Liam.

"Yes?" He answered the phone and I watched his facial expressions as he talked to the unknown person.

"Oh hi baby." His face turned up and he started smiling.

He had a girlfriend?

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter!!
Also tysm for almost 1k reads! By the time this is published, it'll probably already be at 1k but tysm!