31

Gianna

"Liam!" I squealed as he dipped me lowly.

The song ended and Rikky started clapping.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Me and Liam pretended to bow for the audience...which was just Rikky.

I heard the front door open.

It must be mom!

"Mom!" I run towards the doorway until I stop dead in my tracks.

Mom and a random stranger dude?

Liam was right behind me and when he saw the stranger dude he stood in front of me protectively a bit.

"Mom?... Who's this?" I ask.

"The reason why I was in Florida for so long." She motions for us to sit down on the couch in the living room and we do.

"This better be good." Liam grumbles at the sight of my mom bringing home a strange man we never knew about.

"This is Colin and I met him at work. I went to Florida on a business trip, as you know, it was only supposed to be for three days as I told you before. But I met Colin in Florida. We stayed longer than expected, tried to stay away from reality as long as possible." My heart drops a little.

'Stay away from reality as long as possible?'

She means me.

"You mean you were trying to stay away from me as long as possible? Mom! You have a baby here and just left him expecting me or Mari to take care of him! You can't do that!" I shout. I had no problem with her going on vacation, but not calling or texting?

"I know sweetie and I'm so sorry. It was so unexpected." She smiled softly at Colin before looking straight back at me.

"Mom...you could've called." A tear almost slipped from my eye but I held it in.

"I know I'm so sorry." She looks down in shame. This is my mother, she raised me to be how I am. I forgive her, it's a one time thing. Granted it should've never happened, everyone makes mistakes.

"It's okay." I look at her reassuringly.

"No it's not. You can't fucking leave a minor here without a proper guardian, nevertheless a baby! Nicole, you know that you're my second mother but this can't be happening. How could you leave your daughter and baby like that?" Liam speaks up and sits a little taller.

Colin starts to speak up now.

"Do not talk to her like that. She went on a vacation she did nothing wrong." Colin's voice had a sort of grit to it.

"You aren't a part of the family get out or stay quiet." I snap.

"Liam it's okay. Really. I trust my mom she would never do it again." I pat his hand a bit which seems to do the job of calming him down.

"Okay. Well let's get to know Colin?" I stand up, smoothing my sweatpants I had been in the whole day.

"Liam can you get Rikky?" Liam's already on the way upstairs before Colin stops him.

"I think I should get Rikky." He says.

Who the fuck does this dude think he is?

"I draw the line at Rikky. I'm trying to be welcoming but Rikky doesn't even know you. Hell, I don't even know you! Gianna's trying to be kind since your Nicole's new boyfriend but you can't expect to jump straight in." Liam scolds
Colin.

Colin seems to back off and comes to the kitchen where I decide to get some drinks and snacks out for everyone.

My mom and Colin decide to sit down and talk a little before eating the small chips, salami, pepperoni, cheese, etc.

"I got Rikky." Liam comes walking into the room caring Rikky on one arm. Damn he was strong. Not the time.

"Can I say hi?" Colin actually asks this time but Liam shakes his head no before handing Rikky to my mom.

"Hi baby I missed you." My mom coos, but Rikky squirms a bit before settling down.

"So how about we talk about the lumberjack in the room." Liam says when he sits down, eyeing Colin.

Colin was in a red plaid shirt, some dark denim jeans, and boots. Yeah I can't stick up for him there.

"I'm not a lumberjack." Colin grumbled.

"No one gives a flip." Liam says, I realized he replaced fuck with flip because of Rikky at the table.

"That's enough. Colin, how'd you meet my mom?" I smile, trying to lighten up the mood.

"We were at the hotel bar and I saw her sitting alone next to me so I struck up a conversation with her. From there we just hung out every day." I'm guessing he already asked her to be his girlfriend somewhere there.

"Cool cool." I say, not knowing how to respond.

"Got any kids?" I ask. He looked old enough to have had kids or a wife.

"Or maybe a wife at home waitin' on ya?"Liam says in a mock country accent.

"I don't appreciate how your talking to me boy." Colin starts to sit straighter but my mom touches him lightly on the arm which seems to calm him down.  

I hate to admit it but, they seem like a fine couple. I can't say perfect since I only knew about this for a few hours but they seem okay. No red flags from what I can see. 

"Let's stop. Mom you have a nice boyfriend." I smile at her.

"Colin I think it's time for you to leave." My mom suggests. She pats his shoulder as he nods and they start to get up.

"Here I'll show you to the door Colin ." He starts to follow her but first he stops and faces us.

"Gianna, it was a pleasure to meet you. Liam it was nice meeting you too." He says politely before following my mom out to the door.

"Liam, you can't be rude to him. He's my mom's new boyfriend and I doubt he's going away anytime soon." I hug him tightly.

"I know I just have a bad feeling about him." He kisses my head and walks to Rikky.

What does he mean by a bad feeling?

This story is everywhere I have to re edit after it's done :(

update: changed his name to colin so if you saw a richard in there it's because his old name was richard then i realized that there's another character already named richard 😭