2 ➵Damn, there's 8 of them ?

"W-what?" I slowly ask, with shock lacing my tone

"W-what?" I slowly ask, with shock lacing my tone. It was still difficult to process what I always dreamed of hearing was actually becoming a reality.

He was finally dead...

What happend to me in the last 7 years all came to a sudden end with one simple sentence that held so much meaning to it... I didn't evens know how to handle it.

I began to zone out with memories of that man flooding my brain like a virus more specifically memories of the first time I met him, David Michaelson.

Flashback

I sat on my bed reading an old hand me down copy off one of Roald Dahls books the Witches, I think when miss Roberts made her way towards me.

"Athena there is someone here to see you I think this might be the day you finally get adopted honey." She said In the sweetest most comforting voice alive with the warmest smile I've ever seen.

Little 7 year old me couldn't believe what I was hearing ."Did someone actually want me?" I thought after years of thinking I wasn't worth love.

I was snapped out my thoughts when miss Roberts said "Let's go and meet him dear!" With a big smile on her face, her cheeks turning blush pink.

I jumped of my bed and ran to try and find him, squaling and jumping from the excitement of it all.

There he stood this tall gruff man, he had an all black tailored suit and had tattoos covering his skin from top to bottom that were peeking through his shirt. He was wearing a cold expression with a scowl on and was a complete void of emotion.

Most people would be scared, I was all but the opposite I was this ball of explosive excitement waiting for this man to tell me the words I've been waiting to hear my whole life. That he would take me home with him.

That we'd be a family...

I stood there for awhile staring at him with a toothy grin and then he finally spoke "Hi sweetie I'm David Michaelson I'm the person who is hopefully adopting you I hope to be your new dad soon." He told me in a sweet tone but it was said in an emotionless way.

I squealed and hugged him around his torso burying my face in his chest, he looked taken back but lightly tapped my shoulder as a sign of recognition . Soon I ran back up to my bedroom and tossed my few clothes hurriedly in a suitcase.