32➵ All but nothing

They were all trapped in mind numbing, soul sucking conversion with the men that once were thought to have helped rise the Italian mafia to its ranks today

They were all trapped in mind numbing, soul sucking conversion with the men that once were thought to have helped rise the Italian mafia to its ranks today. but they knew they were stuck with a bunch of old pricks— that didn't know how to fucking shut up.

Each Armani brother was stuck with a soldier of some sort, senator that held illegal positions within the government, advisors so old they could've been alive in their grand parents day in age. Didn't matter who, all that mattered was they were trapped in useless conversation with these men having no choice but to entertain their neurotic ideas.

As there father once said, and made sure to stick into their heads of granite, "a real man never walks away. No matter how strong or weak." And they believed that, no matter how stupid these men were, how unimportant their conversation or concern was, a real man wouldn't walk away. A real man would endure every obstacle, small or big, no matter how imbecilic or incredulous, they would stay.

So scattered all across the ballroom, loosing track of the minutes, they had barely even noticed their sister having disappeared with a man they wouldn't want her near. Dancing with the stranger, discovering things about each other as their minutes seemed to pass in a blur of mystery and bliss. They wouldn't have seen her tucked behind a corner with the shadow of a man.

So when the lights cut out, blanketing the area in darkness they hadn't had a clue to where Athena could've gone to. The real panick only set in when gun shots ricochetted of the walls, leaving a loud ring to fill the space. And then that familiar sinking feeling of dread this family felt more often then not came with force. Where was Athena? Was a shared thought amongst them before the shouts and yelling began.

It could've only been a split second where everything was almost on pause and then havoc erupted in a muse of bodies running and falling, screams of woman and the yells of men barking orders.

But none of it mattered, not when Athena was nowhere to be seen and everybody in that room knew she was a target waiting to be hit.

Athena?" Ellio called, with a strain in his voice "Athena?!" He screamed along with his brother Adriano, "Fuck where is she?!" Adriano screamed with anger, his voice getting lost amongst the bullets.

"WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!" Another panicked voice being Matteo raged while he searched across the room for Athena. Nothing could be seen in the dark space but dark figures but somehow they still tried looking for her, cause maybe the exaggerated pink dress they didn't approve of would be easily recognized.

"We have to go!" Antonello screamed sounding conflicted in words. Some might have thought he was a heartless fool, leaving behind his recently found sister defenseless. But he was a Don, that what he was raised to be, not think with his heart ridden with emotion, but his head of stone. He was a leader of a empire before anything. But he was far from inane with his decison, he was made to think with a clear mind, so evens if his choice seemed heartless, he knew exactly what he was doing.