Chapter 4

After finishing their styling, the two walked out of the dressing room one after the other.

Lou Shijing, Tianheng's second in command, had no time to spare, but today because of the engagement, all of his meetings and dinners were postponed.

Chen Yu kept reporting the situation of the guests. After listening, he looked at the person beside him and said, "Would you like to meet the guests with me?"

Ming Yue glanced at him, wanting to say "No".

The invitation for the engagement banquet was only sent out three days ago, and the name of Lou Shijing's engagement partner appeared for the first time, on the invitation, on that day.

That night, Mingyue received a lot of friendly greetings, and those "friends" who had deliberately alienated him because of the bankruptcy of the Ming family also sent him sincere wishes.

Ming Yue knew that he would soon regain his former brilliance, but the present brilliance originated from Lou's family and Lou Shijing and had nothing to do with himself.

No matter how many feuds he and Lou Shijing had, now they are tied together. Even if losing his temper at the banquet could embarrass Lou Shijing, it would also embarrass the Ming family.

The words that came to his mouth were abruptly turned by Ming Yue: "Go."

In the banquet hall, there were a lot of toasts and voices, and the scent of champagne and red wine infused the air, blending extravagantly with the soft lighting.

The guests present today are all rich and powerful in Yucheng, everyone Mingyue knows and doesn't know is here. The waiter brought two glasses of champagne, Ming Yue and Lou Shijing each held a glass, and when they walked into the hall, someone came over to toast and chat.

Lou Shijing is a serious and prudent person, leaving that face aside, it is not an exaggeration to say that he is like a forty-year-old uncle, who always gives people a sense of alienation.

"Mr. Lou—" The person who came was an old director of a securities company, with a slick smile on his slightly fat face, and the rich red wine was gently swirling in the goblet, "Congratulations on the engagement."

Lou Shijing glanced at him, and didn't intend to clink glasses: "This is my lover Mingyue."

Ming Yue snorted coldly in his heart: Lou Shijing is the first person to call an enemy a lover.

Old Dong's eyes fell on Ming Yue following his words: "Young Master Ming is still extraordinary in his presence in Yushu. You and Mr. Lou are truly a match made in heaven."

Ming Yue smiled stiffly: "Thank you, Director Liu."

Soon another general manager of a bank came over: "Congratulations to President Lou and Young Master Ming, I wish you two a happy engagement."

The smirk on Mingyue's face hadn't disappeared yet, and he clinked glasses with Lou Shijing at the same time.

Talks and toasts followed one after another, and Lou Shijing answered them one by one with a smile on his face. Ming Yue followed him and maintained a fake smile, his facial muscles were almost paralyzed.

Seventy percent of these people are known to Ming Yue, and everyone knows that he and Lou Shijing are almost enemies. Today, they saw that they were wearing the same dress, the same emerald brooch, and the same hand. When it came to diamond rings, it was still difficult not to remember the past. In addition to disbelief in their eyes, there was also a subtle feeling of watching a movie.

Not to mention, even Ming Yue felt that today's engagement banquet was like a drama, and he only needed to cooperate well with the other protagonist's performance.