Chapter 46

After the fetal movement resumed, the fetal heart rate stabilized at around 150 bpm. After a night of monitoring, all values ​​of the father and son returned to normal.

Perhaps the smell of the hospital's disinfectant water made people feel uncomfortable, or the sound of the instruments was too noisy. Ming Yue had a very uneasy sleep last night. He huddled in Lou Shijing's arms and didn't fall asleep completely until five in the morning.

He didn't know how long it had passed, but he faintly smelled a familiar scent of perfume. It was different from Lou Shijing's scent. This scent had a sporadic floral scent as if it was as calm, elegant, intellectual, and gentle as its owner.

Ming Yue forced his eyelids open and saw a woman wearing a light brown parka sitting in front of the bed.

The woman has long black wavy hair, and her beautiful face is always filled with a smile as warm as the spring breeze: "Wake up."

Ming Yue blinked: "Sister? When did you come back? Didn't you say you wouldn't go home to celebrate the New Year this year?"

"I landed in Chongqing at three o'clock in the morning." Mingsui said with a smile, "The hospital was originally not going to approve my application to return to China, but I told them that my brother was pregnant, so they let me come back."

Ming Yue hesitated, and with Lou Shijing's help, he stood up and sat on the bedside: "Why?"

"Because the Christian Royal Hospital charges up to a million dollars for men to undergo cesarean section, they want to make money from you, so they sent me back to the country to persuade you to give birth to your baby in our hospital."

Ming Yue frowned: "If a woman gives birth, how much does it cost to go to your hospital?"

Mingsui: "The price ranges from 800 to 2,000 US dollars. If it is accompanied by other pregnancy-induced hypertension, the charge may be higher."

"The difference between one thousand US dollars and one million US dollars seems a bit big." Ming Yue couldn't help complaining, "Isn't this taking advantage of others' misfortune?"

"It's only a million dollars, and it's not even enough to buy you a car." Lou Shijing took over his words and turned to Mingsui, "We didn't need sister's persuasion, we had already made preparations to give birth to the baby in Christian Royal Hospital, money is not a problem."

Ming Yue: "..."

The stench of money.

Since the conditions of Ming Yue and the baby had stabilized, and the scores given by the follow-up ultrasound examination were all within the normal range, Director Zou told them after the ward check in the morning that they could go home for recuperation.

Although Ming Yue thought about reconciling with himself, before leaving the ward, he still wrapped himself up in three layers, including a hat, a mask, a scarf, and everything that could be used to cover himself, even when taking the elevator, he deliberately squeeze into a corner to reduce the sense of presence.

After staying in the hospital for a day, Ming Yue felt uncomfortable all over. When he returned to Weiyang Pavilion, he couldn't wait to sneak into the bathroom and start taking a bath.

Taking a bath in winter is much more comfortable than taking a shower, and it can also soothe blood flow. Ming Yue enjoys it and now takes a bath almost every day to feel comfortable.

Lou Shijing squatted aside to wash his hair as usual. Ming Yue lay on his back on the wall of the bathtub, blinking his eyes: "Mr Lou, you are getting better and better at washing my hair."