Chapter 45

What Ming Yue needs is never any kind of protection, but what others think of him.

This young master grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, and there was an indelible arrogance in his bones. Even when the Ming family was so embarrassed that they had nowhere to go, he never showed his weakness to anyone.

Only the matter of pregnancy has been like a sword hanging over his head, threatening him at all times.

Now that the hanging sword fell, it pierced into his body fiercely, leaving him covered with scars and bleeding profusely.

Since Lou Shijing failed to hold the sword in time, then let him stitch up Mingyue's wound.

The sound of mechanical and cold instruments echoed in the ward, covering up the subtle sobbing of the person in his arms. After an unknown amount of time, Ming Yue wiped away his snot and tears on his shoulder, and looked up at the man: "I'm so hungry."

Every day around eleven o'clock in the morning, Mingyue would feel hungry, and now he had been unconscious for several hours, holding Lou Shijing and crying as soon as he opened his eyes, completely unaware that he was so hungry that his chest was pressed against his back, and his emotions were soothed right now. The other senses of the body gradually took over.

Lou Shijing rubbed his head and immediately got up and took out an insulated food box from the locker. The moment the lid was lifted, the aroma overflowed, and Mingyue swallowed.

This is the black-bone chicken soup cooked by Mrs. Deng, and it was delivered by Chen Yu at noon. You can tell it just by smelling it. Ming Yue looked at the person who was stirring the spoon, and asked, "Sister Deng and the others know?"

Lou Shijing nodded and waited until the soup was less hot to feed him, but he forcefully snatched it away, avoiding the feeding process.

Lou Shijing replied softly: "The elders and relatives of the two families already knew about this matter. They cared about you very much and wanted to visit you in the hospital, but I turned them down."

He kept paying attention to Mingyue's emotional changes when he was talking, and his hands holding the soup bowl seemed to be shaking slightly, and he couldn't tell whether it was a physical reaction after being extremely hungry, or a stress reaction caused by emotions.

Ming Yue didn't make a sound, just lowered his head and drank all the hot soup in the bowl, and then ate two more bowls of rice, and only after his physical strength was replenished did he tentatively ask: "Did they not dislike me?"

"No one dislikes you." Lou Shijing said, "On the contrary, everyone questioned why I kept it a secret and gave me a hard time."

"How did you count?"

"Call me for not taking responsibility, scold me for not being responsible, scold me for not fulfilling my duties as a husband."

Ming Yue raised his eyes in doubt, always feeling that he scolded himself for these words because apart from Lou Shijing, no one would blame him for all the problems.

It seems like he's been apologizing and making amends ever since he was pregnant with this baby.

Ming Yue pursed his lips, not knowing what to say.

Just when the two were silent, the abdomen that had not moved for a long time suddenly twitched, and Ming Yue suddenly widened his eyes and stared at his stomach in a daze.

Lou Shijing also noticed his reaction, and immediately got his hand into the quilt, and gently covered his belly.

With two "chugs", the strong and powerful impact fell into the palm through the material, which shocked the man's expression. He turned his head slowly, only to find that the number on the fetal monitor changed to 148 bpm at some point!