Chapter 16

Mingyue's birthday is the seventh day of July.

He didn't have much obsession with celebrating his birthday. In the past, when the Ming family was prosperous, many young masters and young ladies of aristocratic families would hold birthday parties for him.

--Then, except for family members and a few roommates from college, it seems that I never received birthday wishes again.--

Ming Yue's teasing smile faded away at some point, he looked at the flowers and cakes on the table, and after a long time then raised his eyes to the man beside him.

Lou Shijing pulled a seat for him, and Ming Yue saw that the latter took out a white brocade box from the pocket of his windbreaker, inside the box, there was a beautiful and delicate necklace, adorned with a teardrop-shaped ruby ​​pendant that glistened under the light.

The rich and fragrant fiery red roses are, gently blooming in a room full of candles, mixed with the sweet smell from the cake, the surrounding air suddenly becomes dripping sweet.

Ming Yue sat at the table in a daze, and he didn't blink until his long hair was brushed away and the cold jade was laced to the skin of his delicate neck.

"Last time I broke your necklace, today is my compensation." Lou Shijing straightened his hair for him, and then went to the counter to do it, "I also wish you a happy birthday, be healthy and safe."

Ming Yue wanted to choke him, but his mouth seemed to be stuck with glue, and he couldn't open his mouth no matter what.

The ruby ​​sticks to the neck, and it soon absorbed the temperature of the skin. Ming Yue raises his hand, touches the jade bead with his fingertips, and found an engraving on the bead while groping.

According to the outline of its strokes, it seems to be a... "Yue".

Ming Yue narrowed his eyes, his eye feathers suddenly twitched twice, he couldn't help but be confused - what does Lou Shijing mean by this? It's fine to give him a birthday present, why does he want to get such a big bouquet of roses?

It's just a birthday, why make it so grand?

Besides, there is no one else here, so there is no reason to dress up as loving.

The slander belongs to the libel, Ming Yue still opened his mouth to say thank you.

Lou Shijing didn't answer anymore and drank half a glass of soda water with a calm expression.

The pitter-patter rainwater hits the window leaves, like nature's symphony, quite agile and crisp. The smog shrouded the small town, covering the majestic mountain peaks, and spreading infinitely over the small town shrouding it with a facade of mystery.

The air was humid and cold, like the late autumn in Yucheng.

Mingyue is very picky about Japanese food, and it is obvious that the food made by this Japanese food shop does not meet his appetite.

Probably because he was used to the Japanese food made by Chef Fulaimingle, no matter which Japanese food restaurant he ate at later, his taste buds could not be satisfied.

But since it was Lou Shijing's wish, he couldn't be openly criticizing, he just took a few mouthfuls and started cutting the cake.

Lou Shijing put down his chopsticks and spoon, and asked, "Don't you want to make a wish?"

Ming Yue's hand holding the knife trembled, and a slight smile appeared on the corner of his mouth: "How old are you, you still believe in this stuff."