Chapter 52

Shengya Women's and Children's Hospital is the closest hospital to Weiyang Pavilion and is currently their only and preferred hospital.

Ming Yue never thought that he would have a seizure so many days in advance. Once the contractions started, the intervals between subsequent contractions would become shorter and shorter.

In just fifteen minutes from Wuyang Hall to Shengya, he had already felt pain seven times. Each time lasted for a long time. The initial abdominal pain gradually transferred to the lower back and sacrum, as if it was the distension caused by extreme constipation. The pain made him break into a cold sweat.

There were very few vehicles on the road in the early morning. Lou Shijing drove to Shengya Women's and Children's Hospital as quickly as possible. As soon as the vehicle stopped at the emergency door, Liu Yan and several nurses rushed over and then pushed Ming Yue to the obstetrics department. Single ward No. 52, Area B, eighth floor.

After lying on the hospital bed, Liu Yan immediately strapped Ming Yue to a fetal monitor. The fetal heart rate was stable at 139 beats/minute, and the duration of contractions was maintained at about 50 seconds, with intervals ranging from 3 to 5 minutes.

There is another doctor on duty in the obstetrics department tonight, and he is also recording Ming Yue's data with Liu Yan in the VIP ward.

"Dr. Liu, have you called the head doctors and Director Zou?" the female doctor asked, "His situation is very special. We don't have the experience to deliver his baby now. I'm afraid we need to discuss the follow-up situation with the heads."

Liu Yan said: "I have notified the heads, and they are now coming to the hospital for a meeting. Ming Yue's sister works at the Christian Royal Hospital in Country Y and has experience in male deliveries. She has returned to the country with her colleagues. Just got on the plane ten minutes ago."

"Just boarded the plane?" the female doctor was surprised. "It takes thirteen hours to fly from country Y to China, and then transfer back to Chongqing, at least after 6 pm. It's only 3 am now, what if his cervix is ​​fully dilated?? And in his case, we can't check his cervix, and now we don't even know whether his cervix is ​​dilated or not."

The pain came in waves, and the swelling and pain gradually increased. Ming Yue's endurance had reached a critical point. His face was pale and he was sweating profusely. He could only hold Lou Shijing's arm tightly to relieve some pain.

Liu Yan looked at the sick person and closed her eyes helplessly: "Inform the anesthesiologist and put on a painless pump first if necessary. We will go for a cesarean section and do not need to wait for the opening of the cervix. The pain can slow down the labor process and buy Kristen's doctor some time. In addition - Nurse Qin, please open an intravenous channel for him and prepare an indwelling needle."

The nurse on the side immediately took out the indwelling needle from the nursing tray, opened the intravenous access to Mingyue, and closed the safety clip of the indwelling needle.

Lou Shijing had not spoken since he was admitted to the hospital. His sharp eyebrows were tightly knitted together and never relaxed for a moment.

The VIP ward was spacious and empty, and the sound of the fetal monitor kept echoing in the room, seeming to amplify the emotions of anxiety and fear hundreds of times.

Ming Yue was half-lying, the contractions were getting closer and closer, and the feeling of swelling and pain seemed to be stuck to the sacrum and could not be shaken off.

After Liu Yan and another doctor left, the ward suddenly became quiet. Tears kept overflowing from the corners of Ming Yue's eyes, which made his teeth chatter in pain: "It hurts... it hurts..."