chapter 1

This story takes place in the 2022 season!

While I was eating breakfast I decided to open and answer some mails, but I never expected to receive this mail. Beginning December i came across an open ad from the Formula1 McLaren racing team and I decided to apply. I've liked Formula1 since I was a little girl, but I never expected myself to work in that field. It's a job where I have to run some of the social media accounts of McLaren and help them with filming their YouTube videos. In this case its Instagram and Tiktok. I finished highschool but afterwards I didn't know what I wanted to do so I decided to take a year off and think about it. Then this came on my path and I just decided to do it, not expecting them to actually answer...

Dear Mrs L/N,

Thank you dearly for applicating for our open ad about the social media job. the team is very interested in you and therefore we would like to invite you for a decent interview, so that we can get to know you even better and see if we actually find you suitable for this job. Does Monday 17 February sound good to you? Please let us know on this email address. You will find the address of our office down below.

Kind regards,
Ashley Miller
McLaren racing team.

I ofcourse answered immediately saying I would be interested in the interview. They contacted me over phone and now I am on a plane on my way to England.

I walk into the building and walk over to the desk where a decent looking women is sitting.

''Hello, my name is Y/N L/N and I'm here for an interview with Ashley Miller.''

''Ah ofcourse! Follow me please.''

I follow her and she leads me into a nice looking office, where I assume Ashley is already seated.

''Hello Y/N, thank you so much for coming.''

''Thank you for seeing me.''

''Please take a seat. Would you like something to drink?'' She asks me.

''O no i'm fine thank you.''

''Okay should we get the interview over with than?'' Ashley says.

''Sounds perfect'' I answer

You answer the questions she asked and waited for her to stop writing.

''That's basically it. I was looking for a job and I found this and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to combine work with something I love very much.'' You say to end your interview.

''Okay, sounds like you know what you want and what you're talking about. I think you're a perfect match.'' She says enthusiastically.

''Really? Thank you so much!''

''The season ofcourse starts in March but as you know we start way before that and so do you. We ofcourse post during every break, so we'll show you around and you can get to know a couple of people on the team that already started working, just get a bit comfortable really. How does 1 week sound?''

''Sounds amazing! Thank you so much!''

''I'll call someone to bring you to your hotel. There's a meeting at 3.00, I was thinking you could come so I could introduce you to the team and you can see how things go down here.''

''I'll be there.''

''See you at 3.00 then. Just ask Brenda.''

''See you then. Thank you!"

I walk out of the building and see my taxi already wating for me. I greet him and he drives me to the prettiest hotel I've ever seen. ''Does the whole team stay here?'' I ask the man.