chapter 31

3 months have past and a couple of things have changed. Summer break will be over in 4 days. I saw on Lando's instagram that he spent his summer break with family, friends and Aaliyah. Yes apparently they got back together. I did stay in contact with Max, but he hasn't said a thing about it. Charles and I admitted that we have feelings for each other, but we decided to take things slow because of the world we're in. And now for the worst news. Rumours have been spreading around about it being Daniel's last year with McLaren. It was. Daniel was gonna finish his season not only being busy with racing, but also being busy with finding a new seat. I was devastated with the news and every time something popped up on my instagram I even secretly shred a tear. Daniel and I have met up a couple of times during the summer mostly discussing this topic. He however managed to find a way to be positive about it. Typical Danny, that's for sure. I didn't know how Lando was feeling about the news, but that's probably because we haven't said a word to each other as soon as summer break started.  We talked at work but only about work related things and only when we really had to.

I lay down on the couch next to Charles, watching a movie. I grab my phone and decide to finally post a picture of us on instagram. He has been very insecure about us, mostly because of Lando. We had our first fight after the Spanish GP. Apparently
'Lando is in love with me' and it took me quite some time to make him believe Lando and I were just friends. We haven't spent a day together where he didn't bring up Lando in a conversation.
"Charles?" I tap his shoulder.
"Oui?" He turns his head smiling.
"May I post a picture of the two of us on instagram?" I ask and I see his face light up. He kisses me letting me know it is more than okay for me to do so.

charles_leclerc and 83

charles_leclerc and 83.789 others
y/n.y/l/n: summer love💚

view all comments
@charles_leclerc: ma cherie❤️
@maxfewtrell: finally🙄
@carlossainz55: felicidades amigos!

Summer break was over and I was kinda happy to go back to work. I figured that if I didn't think too much about the whole Daniel thing it would be fine. That was until I received an email that I had to make sure the 'goodbye video' would be perfect to upload. That meant I had to film, edit and post it. I took a deep breath and responded to the e-mail saying I'll make sure of it.
"Ready?" Charles kisses my cheek before taking my suitcase out of my hands. I nod my head and lock up my appartement before heading to the airport. It was the Dutch GP this weekend and I was very excited.

I posted this on my instagram story full of excitement, knowing I'll run into a couple of great people who will be visiting the GP

When I arrived I noticed we were quite the news. I know Charles always is, but now the cameras were focused on me as well. It is definitely something I have to get used to. I kissed him goodbye and we both made our way over to out hospitality's. When I arrive at my office I'm faced with Daniel and Lando in front of my door.
"Hello?" I confusingly ask.
"We have to film the goodbye video." Daniel says nervously. I have never seen him nervous really.
"Then why are you here?" I ask Lando who looks up from his phone.
"I'm gonna be in it. I'm his teammate remember?" He annoyingly asks.
"Yea I'm not like Aaliyah." I bitchy say back. He puts his phone away and sighs.
"Why does it always have to either start or end like this?" He says clearly being annoyed.
"You tell me, Lan." I sigh while opening my door.
"Don't call me that."
"O sorry. Is it Mr. Norris now that we're in a fight?"
"You know what. Never mind." He responds madly walking away.
"Get back here. We have to film the video." I say and Lando turns around to walk back to us.
We both didn't feel like working with each other but we still had to. Yes I cried a little while filming, mostly because of Daniel, but I'm lying when I say that Lando's words about Danny didn't get to me.
When we're done filming I quickly check my mail and see that I received a email from Zak, telling me he needs to speak to me.
"I have to go. Zak needs to see me." I say looking up at them. When I grab my bag I see Lando and Daniel making eye contact in a weird way. I decide to ignore it and be on my way to Zak's office.
I knock on his door and wait for him to tell me to come in.
"You needed to speak with me?" I ask while sitting down.
"Yes. Thank you for meeting me so quickly. I uhm have some bad news to share with you." He says and I feel my heart sink to my stomach. I nod and wait for Zak to start his story.
"Firstly I would like to say that this is absolutely not personal but business wise."
"Go on." I say of course being impatient.
"I need to fire you." He says and now I can't even feel my heart anymore.
"What? Why?" I ask in shock and confused.
"I am so sorry y/n. We had to fire quite some people of the team. We found a bunch of people who could do the same job for a smaller amount of money." He explains and I can tell that he somewhere does feel truly sorry.
"But what about quality? Is the work that they deliver good?"
"Yes it is. We wouldn't have fired you if it wasn't." He says and I take a sip of my coffee.
"Okay. Well um there's not much more to say." I say finishing my coffee and getting ready to leave.
"I am really sorry y/n. You were a great add to the team and we really appreciate what you've done around here."
"Not good enough apparently." I sigh and close the door. When I make my way outside I feel my eyes start to sting. I'm crying and I figure I have to get somewhere private as soon as possible, so the paparazzi won't notice. When I arrive back at my office I see the videos of Daniel and Lando opened on my laptop. I think back of the face they made at each other before I left and I immediately connect the dots. They already knew I was on the list of people that would get fired. It stings that even though Lando and I are on bad terms he wouldn't dare to tell me. I know that when I feel like this there is only one person I want to talk to.