chapter 24

Saturday. Qualifying time!!
Normally I'm very excited about this day but I was assigned to Lando's garage for the day. I've been wanting to talk to him the whole day but I promised myself I wasn't going to break first.
The day goes by slowly and me and Lando don't say a word to each other. But honestly whenever we make eye contact I can read quite a lot of things off his face. Not all good things. Max and I talk a bit while waiting for fp3 to start.
"I have something to tell you." Max says and I look up at him. "Aaliyah is coming over today. He invited her."
"That's nice. Is she nice?"
"Mmh she's kinda a bitch but don't tell Lando I said that." He says and I look over at Lando. He was already looking at me, but turns his face away when we make eye contact.
"He's not talking to me anyways, so don't worry." I stay silent and think about if I should just tell Max about what has been laying on my chest.
"Max?" I say and he turns his face to mine.
"Mmh?" He answers but his face turns away when he hears someone call his name. I turn around to see who called his name. I see a beautiful blonde girl walk in. She has bright blue eyes and is wearing a black dress with a black oversized blazer on top of it.
"Hey!" She says a bit too nicely. I do however smile back and put on the same show as her.
"Hey! We haven't properly met. I'm y/n." I say and stick out my hand to her. She gives me a disgusting look in return but does however shake my hand.
"Aaliyah." She smiles. Fake.
"So Max. Where is Landie?" She says and I can't help but laugh. Max elbows me.
"Sorry. Chocked on my own breath." I say awkwardly.
"Ew." She responds. My god what a bitch! Well prefect match in that case I guess.
"He's over there. Discussing strategy's." Max answers to her question. "I should wait for him, he's kinda busy right now."
"O not too busy for me. He probably needs a good luck kiss."
"Lando doesn't need good luck. He's talented. He does it on his own."
"Last time I gave him a good night, he was on the podium."
"He was on the podium in Bahrain too." I say to her in a bitchy way. (I know he wasn't. Let's just imagine that Lando is beating the red bulls here lmao.)
What the fuck am I doing?! Why am I acting so stupid. I don't care what he does with her and I don't know why I'm defending him like this.
"O that was on me." Max says and I give him a confused look. "That good luck kiss was from me." Max says and I laugh out loud. I notice it catches Lando's attention and I can tell by the way he looks at me and Max, he wants to be there with us. Laughing and making jokes like the great friends we were just a day ago. I see his face change when he sees Aaliyah walk over. He fake smiles at her. I mean it has to be fake. He places his hand on her hip and pulls her in for a kiss on the cheek. When he places the kiss his eyes meet mine.
"He's such a douche." Max says after seeing the same thing as me.
"Tell me about it." I respond.
After watching Lando and Aaliyah for a while, we get informed to grab our headphones and seek a place in front of the screens. I watch Lando put on his helmet and when we exchange one last look before he gets into his car, I softly smile at him to let him know I still support him. I walk away to stand next to Max and sadly next to Aaliyah.

This bitch hasn't even been paying attention. I really wonder what she's doing here then.
Anyways Lando finished p6 with a 1.13.226 and Daniel finished 16th with a 1.14.104.
Lando gets out of the car and places his helmet on the desk. We once again exchange looks and we both know we have to talk to each other soon. I smile at him to congratulate him with his great result somehow. He walks over to us.
"Omg p8 baby! That's amazing." Aaliyah says and Max and I share a confused look.
"P6 actually." I say a bit louder than expected.
"That's what I meant." She answers bitterly.
"Do you even know what colour his car is?" I ask putting my arms over each other. I made it sounded like a joke to her but in all honesty, it was actually a real question.
"Ha ha." She answers and I see Lando smirk.
Ha I knew he wasn't for real mad at me.
"I have to talk to Daniel about the results. I'll catch you guys later." I say and smile at all of them.
"Is that your boyfriend?" She asks wrapping her arm around Lando's waist.
"Is this bitch for real?" I say to Max much louder than I wanted to. "Oops." I say now for only Max to hear.
"What did you just call me?!" She screams after me when I make my way out of Lando's garage.
"You heard me!" I answer while I disappear out of their sight.

Lando's pov:
"You heard me!" Y/n screams back at Aaliyah. It makes me laugh but when Aaliyahs eyes land on mine I fake cough to cover up.
"Are you going to let her talk to me like that?" She says to me.
"What do you want me to tell her? She was just joking." I say to her.
"I don't know. Go over to her and tell her she needs to start accepting me because I'll be around a lot."
"You know what? I'll go do that right now." I answer and kiss her cheek. Great excuse to talk to y/n again.

Y/n pov:
"She literally asked me if you were my boyfriend? She doesn't even know you're her boyfriends teammate." I laugh and I see Daniel give me a look that tells me to shut up. It's probably because she's standing behind me right now. I turn around with a fake smile but it quickly fades when I'm face to face with Lando.
"I uhm. I came over here to tell you that uh you need to accept Aaliyah." He says and I burst out laughing. I pull myself up from the floor and sit down on the desk next to Daniel.
"Sorry? You came over here to tell me that? I truly don't care about what your intentions with her are. I also don't mind having her around in the garage, as long as she stops saying stupid things like before." I laugh having a small flashback of the things she said earlier. "Be honest with me Lando. Just for once. Do you really think she has the right intentions with you?" I ask him and his eyes meet the floor. That's how I know he knows I'm right.
"I do think that, yes." He answers.
"Okay than." I answer before scoffing at his answer. I don't want to start another discussion so I just decide to leave it like this. "Me and Daniel have to discuss some things in private, if you don't mind." I say and he nods.
"O and congrats on your p8." I wink at him. He rolls his eyes and leaves the garage. Daniel and I burst out laughing as soon as he's around the corner.

Lando's pov:
"And what did she say? Was she mad?" Aaliyah asks and Max and I look at each other both thinking the same thing. People like Aaliyah don't win from y/n. Y/n is too smart for that.
"O yea. I really put her on her place." I answer her and Max laughs silently.
"I bet you did." He says and I give him a warning look.
"Look she's a great add to the team, so just please be nice to her."
"Don't be nice to her because she's a great add to the team. Be nice to her because you'll never win a fight from her. Lando tried that a lot of times the past 2 months. Didn't work out the way he wanted." Max smiles at her and leaves my garage.
I truly hate it when he takes y/n side. I know he's not a big fan of Aaliyah but he's gonna have to deal with it.