chapter 3

When I arrived at my hotelroom I quickly jumped in the shower and washed my hair while listening to some music. I blow dried my hair and made some soft curls with my curling iron. I was about to do my makeup but I received a text from someone:

 I was about to do my makeup but I received a text from someone:

I put the volume of my music down a bit so I can hear the knocking if he gets here

I put the volume of my music down a bit so I can hear the knocking if he gets here. Before I start doing my makeup I decided to put on my dress first. I don't want anyone to see me in my robe besides I won't mess up my makeup while putting on my dress.

I'll be wearing simple black heels underneath and a small purse

I'll be wearing simple black heels underneath and a small purse. After I got dressed and put on my heels I hear someone knocking at my door. I open the door and am faced with a bit of a shocked face.
"Hey! You're even earlier haha." I say to Lando.
"Uh yes I'm sorry, I was bored haha. That dress is amazing." He laughs nervously.
"O thank you haha something old that I packed just in case. Come sit down, I'll be done in 15 minutes." I say.
"Take your time. Everyone else will be there by 10 but that's fine. I love it when all eyes are on me while walking into a place." He jokes.
"Wow cocky much." I smile before walking into the bathroom. After 15 minutes I walk out of the bathroom and walk over to grab my purse. Lando was on his phone but as soon as I walked in his eyes were on me.
"Wow, you look stunning. I think all eyes are gonna be on you when walking in." Lando says.
"O sorry, I'll get changed. I wouldn't want to steal your show." I laugh.
"I can handle it." He answers before laughing at his own comment.
"Ready to go?" He asks me.
"Definitely." I answer.
Lando sticks his arm out for me to hold as a joke, I take it while he grabs my purse to hold it like the gentleman he apparently is. He even opened his car door for me. A bit much but I'm lying when I say I didn't like it. During the 20 minute drive he tells me everything about everyone who is coming to this party.
"I can't wait to meet them. They sound lovely." I say.
"They're really nice and you can have a good laugh with them which is great." Lando says
We arrive and again Lando opens the door for me and grabs my arm.
"I expected Daniel to be the gentleman type haha."
"I won't say anything to that cause I already proved you wrong." Lando says opening the door.
Of course all the people we are going to this party with will be in the vip room so a man has to check if we're on the list even though he just asked Lando for a picture?? Weird world but I'm here for it ig. Lando let's go of my arm and holds my hand instead before opening the door. "It'll be crowded." He smiles. I smile back and he leads me through the dancing crowd. He lets go of me as soon as we arrive at the vip area.
"Hey y/n! Come over here!" I hear Daniel say.
I walk over to him and give him a hug.
"You look amazing!" He says.
"Thank you." I smile.
"And who is this?" I hear someone next to Daniel say.
"This is y/n. Y/n this is Pierre. He drives for Alpha Tauri." I all of a sudden hear Lando say next to me. I didn't know he was standing next to me but okay. I give Pierre a hand.
"So what are you doing here?" He asks me.
"Uhm Daniel and Lando invited me. I'll be working for the McLaren team this season." I say.
"O cool! So I'll see you around a lot then?" He says.
"Uhm probably haha." I smile before I get dragged away by my arm.
"Come on, I wanna introduce you to Carlos and Charles." Lando says.
"I was actually in the middle of a conversation but sure." I say to Lando.
"Pierre was trying to flirt with you, that's not a interesting conversation." Lando says.
"I'm glad." I laugh.
"Why?" He asks.
"He's pretty." I giggle.
"You're kidding right?" Lando says.
"Not really. Why? You're jealous?" I ask jokingly.
"What? No." He says avoiding eye contact.
He introduces me to Carlos and Charles who both drive for Ferrari. Also very pretty wow. We have a conversation and tell me that their girlfriends couldn't be here but I'll get to meet them in Bahrain. Don't get me wrong but I'm glad I'll also get to meet some girls haha. After a while I decided to go back to Daniel and Pierre. "4th round on me. Wanna help me?" Pierre asks. "Yes ofcoure!" I answer and follow him to the bar. We order 9 drinks for me, Pierre, Lando, Daniel, Charles, Carlos, Mick, Alex and George. I had small talk with all of them and they were so incredibly friendly. Me and Pierre talk a bit while waiting for the drinks and I also get a small thought that Pierre might be flirting with me but I just go along with it cause I knew he's doing it because he might have had a drink too much.
We walk back to rest and hand them their drinks. I again sit next to Daniel and Pierre. I don't know where Lando went but he'll be back in a sec I guess. After a couple of minutes it's my round.
"Let's do the shots on me!" I yell. I walk over to the bar and see Lando sitting with a girl. I act like I didn't see him and order the shots. Daniel comes over to help me with carrying the shots.
"Can you wait here for a sec?" I ask him and walk back to grab Lando's drink. I walk back over to the bar and put it in front of him.
"Here's your drink." I say with a bit of a bitch look on my face. I grab the shots and walk back before he could say something. I haven't seen Lando for the rest of the night. What a dick. Lando was supposed to drive me home so he was the only one who wasn't drinking alcohol. I wasn't changing my plan so I said goodbye to everyone, grabbed my coat and walked over to him.
"Could you give me ride home?" I ask standing in front of him. The girl was still there and Lando wasn't really paying attention to me.
"Can't Pierre or anyone else drive you home? I'm a bit busy right now." He says. Wow. Okay.
"You're the only one who hasn't been drinking alcohol tonight and with what exactly?" I say.
"Ugh fine I'll drive you." He says annoyed. What the hell is up with him.
"You know what? Please stay. I'll walk home. Have a good night asswipe." I say and turn around. I wasn't jealous or anything, I just think it's disrespectful to invite someone to a party and ditch them after less than 30 minutes. I know he can do what he wants but he shouldn't have promised me a ride home than.
I put my earphones in and start walking home. After 3 minutes I hear a car honk.
"Get in the car y/n. Its late." I hear Lando say but I ignore him. He keeps honking.
"Omg stop! You'll wake people up. I thought you were busy?" I ask annoyed.
"Get in." He says strictly. I eventually do.
It's a silent drive home.
"Want me to come in?" Lando asks.
I laugh. "No. Goodnight." I say before shutting the car door. He opens his door and follows me.
"I said that you didn't have to walk me to my room."
"I'm gonna do it anyways." He says.
We arrive at my door.
"Look I'm sorry for being a bit mean." Lando says.
"It's just not nice to invite someone to a party and ditch them after 20 minutes." I say before walking into my bathroom.
"Well you were to busy flirting with Pierre so you ditched me first." I hear him say from the living room.
"I'm going to bed Lando. I'll see you at work." I lead him to the front door to let him know he has to leave. After a big sigh he does.