chapter 27

I look at myself in the bathroom mirror to see how I fucked up my hair. 1 tip: never try something new with your hair before going on a date. I put some heating curlers in my hair but I left them in for too long so now I look like Maui from Moana. I only have 45 minutes left, but I figured I couldn't show up looking like this so I decide to text Max. I already opened the door for him so I can start doing my makeup.
"Are you dressed?" He asks knocking on the door.
"Wrapped in a towel yes." I answer.
"Wow a very short one." He covers his eyes, definitely being overdramatic about this.
"O please if I'll wear a bikini around you my butt would also be sticking out a bit. Besides it's not like you've never seen an ass." I say plugging in my straightener.
"A lot actually, I just wasn't prepared on seeing yours so soon." He answers and I give a death stare through the mirror.
"I'm not even gonna say anything to that." I say and laugh. "Here." I put my straightener in his hands while I part my hair.
"What am I supposed to do with it?" He asks confused.
"Straighten my hair? Look I'm late and I still need to do my makeup. Don't burn my ear and you'll be fine." I say to him and he starts straightening my hair. I continue with my makeup.
"You need to get a girlfriend so I can make her do this for me. I don't have any girlfriends it's embarrassing." I say while applying some bronzer.
"You have Lily and Heidi." He says.
"Yes but they're always too busy with their own jobs. I understand don't get me wrong." I answer.
"What about your best friend at home? I remember we started a conversation about it, but we got interrupted by something." He says and my brush almost drops out of my hand.
"Uhm she's also very busy. She's in college." I answer trying to hide my upcoming tears. She isn't. She would have been the one straightening my hair right now. She was supposed to go on this adventure with me.
"Okay first half is done." Max says and I immediately let down the top half knowing I don't have much time left.
After 10 minutes we finish and I thank Max.
"Thank you so much." I say while I get dressed in the other room.

"Where are you going dressed so cute?" He asks, but his facial expression changes when he 'connect the dots'

"Where are you going dressed so cute?" He asks, but his facial expression changes when he 'connect the dots'. "I swear to god, if you're still going on this date with Pierre." I cut him off.
"I'm not." I answer putting on my shoes.
"Than where are you going?"
"I'm going to hangout with Charles. Not on a date just a friendly hangout." I say filling my bag with things I'm probably not gonna need tonight. Max makes a face telling me "yea sure." And I just nod my head at him.
"I have to go, come on." I say pushing him and myself through the door. When I lock the door I hear a door behind me shut. When I turn around I am faced with a beautiful blonde girl and the most breathtaking guy. Yea you guessed it. Aaliyah and Lando totally ready for their perfect date night. If nobody was looking at me right now, I would've made a disgusted face. Lando looks me up and down and I do the same to him.
"Hey." I say to the both of them.
"I'll meet you outside." Lando says to Aaliyah. She walks away and so does Max.
"Have fun." He playfully winks at me and walks into his hotelroom.
"I know you're stupid, but I didn't think you were stupid enough to still go on this date with him." He says finally looking me in my eyes.
"I'm not going on a date with Pierre, besides it's none of your business who I go on dates with." I say to him sassy.
"You look nice." He says.
"So do you." I respond.
We just stand there looking at each other, missing each other as friends. But honestly if I didn't know better I would think we were both craving something else than friendship.
"Y/n-" he starts but gets cut off.
"What a lucky man I am." Charles wraps his arm around my waist. Wow, he's definitely a romantic type is he not. I awkwardly smile up at him. Why does this stuff always happen when Lando is standing in front of me?
"Charles?" Lando asks obviously confused with his unexpected appearance. He looks up at me and there's that look again.
"Hey." He says 'bro hugging' Lando. Lando hugs him back but it seems to me he's not really in the mood for it.
"Have fun on your date." I say to him before leaving the hallway with Charles. When we turn around the corner I take one last glance at him, we make eye contact. I feel kind of bad but I'm not sure why. I shake the weird feeling I have off and get in Charles Ferrari. When we drive off I see Lando come out of the building in the mirror. His eyes still following me wherever I go.
"So where are you taking me?" I ask Charles.
"First we're stopping for a coffee, because you're gonna need it, but I promise it's worth it." He turns his head and smiles at me. I smile back and just listen to the things he's telling me.

"This place keeps surprising me." I say.
"Me too and I grew up here." We both laugh.
"Do you mind if I post a picture on my instagram?" I ask him not knowing how he thinks about the whole privacy thing.
"No not at all. Mention me." He says surprising me.
I do what he says and post a beautiful picture of our view on my instagram story.

Charles and I just talk for the rest of the night really. Getting to know each other more.
"I love that we're not discussing f1 my god." He says laying back on the blanket he brought.
"So do I." I lay down too and smile at him.
"So tell me y/n." He starts. "What happened between you and Lando?" He asks and turn my head looking up at the sky.
"What do you mean?" I ask him confused.
"Well there must have been a romance between the two of you." He says and I choke on my sip of white wine. I cough to make it go away but start laughing soon after.
"Sorry?" I ask still laughing.
"I saw the way he looked at you."
"You're just imagining things. We're just friends. We got into a fight Friday." I admit to Charles.
"About what?" He asks and I figure it's none of his business so I lie.
"Oh work related stuff. I'm not allowed to discuss it with you. Besides I don't really want to talk about it anyways." I smile up at him letting him know I don't mean anything negative with it.
"Yea you're right. No f1 talks." He smiles back at me and comes up with a non related f1 topic. We talk about it until it is time to go home. He drops me off at the hotel.
"I had such a fun night." I say to him while unbuckling my belt.
"Me too. It was nice to get to know you better." He smiles back.
"Okay see you later. Thank you for tonight." I open the car door and get out.
"Not a problem. Good night y/n." He says while I bend down to look at him.
"Good night Charles." I smile and walk to the entrance of the hotel.