chapter 6

We all had one last drink before ending the night. Lando walked up to me and asked me if i was ready to go. I was but I felt a bit bad leaving with Lando after I had that conversation with Pierre. I still did cause I didn't know how to get home if he didn't drop me off. Lando handed me my coat and Max F and I got in his car. I didn't say much but I didn't really have to cause Lando and Max were doing it for me. I looked over to Lando and wondered if I wasn't lying to Pierre. I was so focused on his behaviour and all that, I didn't even notice I started smiling. Max spoke up and pulled me out of my thoughts.
"Is there something on his face?" Max said after watching me in the mirror.
"Is there something on my face since you've been watching me, Max?" I turned and smiled at him.
"Were you watching me?" Lando smirked.
"Don't get your hopes up, Norris. There indeed is something on your face." I pretend to take something of his cheek. He smiles at me.
I look at Max through the mirror and he gave me the most annoying look ever. I just knew what he was thinking. Don't get me wrong, Lando is an amazing guy and definitely someone I could fall in love with but I can't. I work with him and I just know it'll backfire.
We arrived at the hotel and decided to hangout in my room a bit.
"Can I go to the toilet?" Lando asked.
"Yes ofcourse." I say and as soon as the bathroom door closed I felt Max move closer. Let the conversation begin.
"Tell him." He says.
"Tell him what exactly?" I turned to face him.
"You're interested in him."
I stayed silent cause I knew I couldn't defend myself right now.
Max just simply laughed.
"I have to keep our relationship professional and i thought you knew about that?" I say.
"If Lando wants to break the rules, I promise you he will." Max grins.
"Well if he wants to he can but I'm not accepting it. It'll backfire and we all know it. Can we stop talking about this cause it's not happening?" I say before Lando walked back in.
"Whats not happening?" He asked.
"Nothing" Max and I said at the same time.
Max and Lando talked but I stayed silent.
"I'm getting something to drink." I said before getting up to walk to the kitchen. Lando followed me.
"You want something to drink too?" I asked him.
"No thank you." He stayed silent for a bit. "Is everything okay?" He asked.
"Yeah why wouldn't it be?" I ask before sitting on the counter.
"I don't know, you're so quiet all of a sudden." He says. I sighed.
"I had a conversation with Pierre and it just put me in my thoughts I guess." I answer. He sits next to me on the counter.
"What was it about?"
"Nothing important." I say before walking back to Max.
"We should call it a night. I'm tired and we both have to be in the paddock quite early." I suggest. I felt bad sending them away but I just needed time for myself before my first real work day.
"You're right." Lando answered and grabbed his keys while Max walked up to me.
"I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable or anything. I'm sorry." Max F says.
"O no you're fine. You didn't." I smile before walking them out. He honestly didn't, it just annoys me that I can't get my mind off of it now. I decided to shower and go to bed after.
*ding*

My alarm went off at 7

My alarm went off at 7.30 and I immediately got up to shower and go out for some breakfast. I took my laptop with me so I could answer some mails. At 8.15 I packed my stuff and walked back to the hotel. I changed into my McLaren outfit and waited for Lando.
*knock knock*
"Good morning!" Lando says happily.
"Arg you look so much better in orange than me." I say joking but meaning it at the same time. "Good morning btw sorry." Lando laughs at me.
"You look good dw." I smile before getting into the passenger seat.
"Wow!" I say scared. "Wth man. I didn't see you." I say to Max F who apparently was coming with us.
"Yea sorry, Lando insisted on getting blinded windows." They both laugh and so do I after a while. "I'll move to the back." Max offers.
"No you don't have to." I say and get in the back.
Lando puts on some music and I just sit there fidgeting with my fingers. Lando has been watching me through the small front mirror.
"You're nervous?" He smiles at me.
"Yeah a bit I guess." I smile back.
"Thomas is really nice, besides you'll be with me and Danny a lot. We've got a YouTube video to film at 12 and you can sit with us during the breaks." Lando says to make me feel comfortable before going into my first work day. I don't say anything but just smile at him to let him know I'm thankful.
"I can stay with you today?" Max offers.
"What about Lando?" I look at him.
"It's a busy day for me so I'll only see him during breaks." Lando says.
"I mean if you don't mind? It would be great to have a familiar face around the first day." I ask Max.
"Of course I don't mind." He smiles at me.
We arrive and immediately fans start running to Lando's car. I mean he has a bright orange McLaren so who else could it be? I get out of the car a bit shocked. This is insane. Lando walks up to the fans and Max tells me he'll wait with me here until Lando is finished. It took about 15 minutes but it's sweet to see that Lando is truly grateful for his fans.
Lando, Max and I walk into the paddock and I immediately get pulled into Zak's office. It was just a regular conversation about if I was excited for my first day and what I could expect. He told me to wait in a different room for Thomas, so I did. After a while he arrived and immediately showed me around the McLaren garages. I walked in and I was glad I saw Lando's and Daniël's face lit up a bit when I walked in. I quickly walked over to them.
"You guys are happy to see Thomas." I joked.
"Yea for sure." Daniel said and we all laughed.
"No but it's lovely to see you Y/N." Daniel hugs me. "It's great to see you too Daniel!" I say
"O you can call me Danny. Everyone does haha." He suggests.
"Will do haha. Uhm I'll see you guys in a bit okay? I'll tell you guys everything during lunch!" I say excited and walk away with Thomas to look for Max F. Lando laughs and stares at me till I'm out of sight.
"Definitely not interested in her huh?" Daniel grins at Lando.
"We need to get back to work." Lando laughs and pulls Danny back to the engineer's.

Finally chapter 6!! Sorry but my test week started so I wasn't able to update as fast as I normally do! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and let me know if you like Max Fewtrells appearance and if i should keep him in the story🫶🏻