chapter 26

Sunday
I scan my badge and immediately walk over to Lando's garage. I see Lando, Max and Aaliyah standing against the desk.
"Good morning." I say and they all respond with a "good morning" in return.
"I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm just very stressed out." I say while sticking out my hand to Aaliyah. The apology was fake of course, but she is going to be around a lot so I just figured it was best if I made it a bit easier for myself. She shakes my hand but I can tell by the way she looks at my hand she knows it's all an show.
"Ready for today?" I ask Lando.
"Jup." I get as an response. I don't blame him tho. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him either. I scroll through instagram to kill some time. Max taps my shoulder and shows me something on his phone.
"Are you sure you want to see it?" He asks and I nod my head. Lando overhears Max question and looks up from his phone.
"Show me. How bad can it be?" I ask and Max properly shows me the instagram post. "I'm sorry." He says.

Lets all imagine Francisca has been around for quite some time, because we love her🫶🏻"When was this?" I ask him

"When was this?" I ask him.
"The weekend you planned your date." He answers and I scoff. I grab my bag and walk out of Lando's garage. I walk into Pierre's garage instead.
"Hi. Could I have a quick chat with Pierre?" I ask a team member who calls over Pierre.
"I'm guessing you saw the picture." He says.
"Max showed me. Is she your girlfriend?" I ask him.
"We'll it's a long story. We were broken up when I asked you on the first date." He answers.
"Okay so you used me to get your mind off of it."
"Kind of. When she heard about it she lost her mind, so I went over to talk to her about it right before we were supposed to meet up. I got Lando's text 10 minutes before I wanted to leave, so I just stayed at her place. I left her place as friends but when we talked about having a second date, something just felt off." He explains.
"You're still in love with her." I fill in for him.
"Yeah. I know I should've told you but I just couldn't." He says.
"So if I wouldn't have seen the picture, you would've stoop me up again tonight?" I ask him secretly being hurt about this whole situation.
"Probably." He just answers. At least he's honest with me right now. I scoff and walk out of the garage.
When I walk back to Lando's garage I feel tears start to fill my eyes. I quickly walk past Lando, Max and Aaliyah cause I don't want them to see me crying. I really don't mind that Pierre is seeing someone else. I promise if there's someone who knows everything about being confused about your feelings, it's me. I'm happy for Pierre even. He's a great guy and he deserves love, I'm just disappointed in his way of communicating. If he would've told me he was still in love with her, I would've supported him in a different way.

Lando's pov:
I see her walk past us and I know she's crying. I don't want to but my feet just move by themselves.
"I'll go." Max offers. I want to speak up but he cuts me off.
"It's better this way. If you want to talk to her about this all, it's best if you wait for today to be over okay?" He says and I know he's right. She doesn't even want to talk to me right now. I sigh and take a seat.

Your pov:
"You okay?" Max asks while sitting down next to me.
"Yeah. I just hate the fact that he lied about it. If he would've just told me, I wouldn't even have cared honestly. I just don't understand why everyone keeps lying to me." I say fidgeting with my rings.
"I have not been lying to you." Max says making me laugh. "You're pretty much the only one." I answer laughing. We talk for so long we didn't even realise the race starts in 20 minutes.
"Omg we have to go back." Max says standing up and sticking out his hand for me to grab so I can pull myself off the ground.

Lando finished p6 and Daniel p13. It wasn't the weekend the team had hoped on, if we're talking about Daniel of course, but we're just gonna have some big meetings about this and try our best again next weekend. After the whole podium thing is over I take Lando to the media pen for his interviews. Lando and Daniel have another meeting, but I just kill the time by spending it with Max, watching and laughing at Aaliyah. Max and I decide to count how many pictures she takes on a day when the next race weekend is. After an hour and a half Lando and Daniel finally return.
"Great come on." I say leading them to a 'cozy' place in the paddock so we can film the standard 'after race video' for on the McLaren instagram account.
When we finish I walk back to my office to finish some work.
"Bonjour madam." I hear behind me. I turn around and am faced with an all ready to go Charles Leclerc.
"That sounds cheesy." I laugh "but hey." I say making him laugh.
"Congrats on your result." I say to him.
"Thank you. You too. I wish Daniel would've finished in the points tho. He really deserves it." He says and it makes me smile. How sweet is that of him to say.
"Are you doing anything to celebrate tonight?" He asks me and I laugh.
"It's a p6 not a podium. There's not much to celebrate."
"Okay than what are you doing tonight?" He corrects his question.
"I was supposed to go out for dinner, but that got cancelled so now I'm just thinking of what movie I'm going to watch tonight." I answer making a thinking face acting like I'm already picking out a movie. "What are you doing tonight?" I ask in return.
"I don't know yet. Stay at home I guess." He says and I can tell he wants to say something else.
"And?"
"And I was wondering if we could hang out tonight. There's this amazing place I could take you to and we could stop for a coffee to go on our way over there?" He says questionable.
I did not expect him to ask me that, especially because he has a girlfriend, but I mean he could mean it as friends.
"Uhm sure." I say with a bit of doubt in my tone.
"If you just want to stay home and watch a movie alone then that's totally fine." He says.
"No I'd love to hang out, but what does your girlfriend think about this? She doesn't even know me." I say.
"We uh we actually broke up." He admits.
"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."
"It's okay. It was a two way decision. We're better off as friends." He says and I just nod because I'm not sure what I should respond to that.
"In that case. Id love to go." I stay silent for a sec. "It's not a date or anything right?" I ask just to be sure of it.
"Not if you don't want it to be." He answers making me smile, I do however not respond to his comment because I'm not sure what I want right now.