chapter 34

Sunlight shining on my face wakes me up. I am confused by my surroundings and the warm arm around my waist, but when I look to my right and see Lando sleeping next to me, I shoot up from the couch.
''Whats wrong?'' He says with a husky morning voice.
''OMG LANDO! It's 11 in the morning! Practice starts in an hour!'' I scream jumping up from the couch.
''WTH?! How can a person sleep till 11?!''
''Dont ask me, go shower!'' I say and Lando runs over to the bathroom. I madly walk over to Max's room, who was also still asleep.
''Hello?! It's 11 Max. It's practice day. Why are you still asleep and why didn't you wake me last night when you found me on the couch?!'' I say and Max looks up confused, clearly not being fully awake yet.
''It's 11?! I am so sorry. It was a long night.'' He says wiping the sleep out of his eyes.
''That's okay. We overslept as well.'' I say walking over to the bathroom.
''Lando are you ready?'' I ask knocking on the door.
''Yeah.'' he answers and opens the door with a white towel wrapped around his waist.
''Go put a shirt on.'' I say before closing the bathroom door behind me.
''You love to see it!'' He yells and I silently laugh before stepping in the shower.
After doing my hair and makeup I open the door and walk over to Lando.
''We have to stop at Charles. My work clothes are there.'' I say being mad at myself for this.
''You guys go. I'll catch up.'' Max says and Lando and I both run over to the door to put our shoes on.
''Are you sure?'' I ask Max while opening the door. He nods his head yes and before I know it we're standing in front of Charles's hotel.

''I'll be quick.'' I say and get out.
While I wait for the elevator I quickly check my messages.

I decide to answer my texts when I get back to Landos car and make my way over to Charles room and get dressed in my work outfit

''Okay go.'' I say to lando while putting my seatbelt on. I unlock my phone to answer the messages right when I received another one.

 I unlock my phone to answer the messages right when I received another one

I sigh and Lando turns his head.
"Charles?" He asks me.
"He knows I slept at your place." I say giving him the awkward upside down smile.
"We're friends. You slept at my place a couple of times. Doesn't he trust you?" He asks and that makes me think.
"Apparently not." I laugh, but not finding it funny in the end.

When we arrive, paparazzi is in our face immediately. Lando and I share a knowing look, he takes my hand and leads us through the busy crowd. We run over to Zak quickly and are faced with a not so satisfied pit crew.
"I cannot believe this! Why are you still standing here?! Put your racesuit on and get your ass in that car! We've got so much to do!" Zak screams and Lando runs over to his garage.
"I must say that I did not except this." Zak says to me and I return a confused look.
"Except what?" I ask putting my arms over each other exactly knowing what he is meaning.
"Get into the garage and take pictures." He says and I share one last look before walking into Lando's garage. 
FP1 went very well today. Lando took a p7 and Daniel a p9. Before I could talk to both of them I made my way over to the Ferrari garage, because I apparently own Charles some sort of apology.

Charles manager sents me to his driver room.
"Hey." I say hugging him from behind. He loses my hands and madly turns around.
"Don't act like nothing happend y/n." Charles says strictly.
"Nothing happend Charles. Lando, Max and I are friends. I slept at there places a couple of times before our fights." I say frowning my eyebrows at him.
"I just don't understand why you didn't come to my place instead." He says disappointed.
"Because you didn't want me to! You literally said "don't come. I'm tired. I won't have time for you blah blah blah." I say getting a bit frustrated now.
"That's not what I said at all, but never mind. It's okay. He's in love with you and the fact that you like his attention makes you blind for it." He says turning around and continuing with his exercises.
"Your jealousy makes you disgusting, you know that?" I say scoffing at his comment.
"Sleeping in another boys bed makes you disgusting." He spits out and it makes me say something I shouldn't have said.
"I slept in his arms but same thing right?!" I yell to make him even more jealous and leave his drivers room with him behind me.
"Y/n come back!" He says and I turn around remembering how my other friendly but also romantic relationships ended. I don't want that to happen again so I take his hand and lead him back into the room.
"Look Charles. Nothing happend. They're my best friends and I accidentally fell asleep on their couch. Yes, Lando fell asleep next to me, but he wasn't even touching me." I lie, because in the end i think that's for the best. "I don't like Lando like that." I say which puts me in my thoughts. I wasn't sure if I was lying about that or not. Charles nods his head in response, realising we both reacted like that because of the heat in the moment. Feelings just took over and we didn't think about fixing this with just a normal conversation. I take his hand in mine and I am glad that he doesn't pull out of my grip.
"Look you're gonna have to trust me, if we want to make this work."
"I do trust you. I just don't trust him." He says.
"Well you're gonna have to. He's my friend and I'm becoming his pr manager, so he'll be around me a lot." I say and Charles face turns into confusion.
"You're becoming his what?" He asks and I realise I didn't tell him the news yet.
"Lando and Daniel asked me to become Lando's PR manager. That was the only job that actually fitted me. I took the job, but they still have to discuss things with Zak. I told you if I was staying, it would be with McLaren." I say and he doesn't really give a reaction to it.
"I uh im sorry I just didn't expect this, but I am happy for you. I'm happy you're staying around." He smiles before kissing me.
"Come on. I've got to go back to the McLaren garages. Do great out there like always." I kiss him and open the door. "If you see a girl in a McLaren polo going crazy everytime you pass, it's probably me." I say and hear him laugh before I leave to Daniels garage.