chapter 30

Lando and I managed to get through the night without fighting believe it or not. No we actually had fun, but we have not spoken about our fight yet. We were on our way home right now and I figured that Lando lives a 10 minute walk away from my house. We were listening to some music and got lost in our thoughts, at least I was.
"We're here." Lando says taking me out of my head.
"Thanks." I smile at him through the mirror.
"See you in Spain." Max says.
"Ahw you're coming again how lovely!" I answer to this small surprise. I loved having Max around in the paddock even though I only see him during the sessions.
"Yea I'm trying to come along for the rest of the season." He answers and I hug him from behind. Max really became my best friend over these past months, so I was really happy I had someone by my side to discuss things with.
I said my goodbyes and walked in my appartement  building.
When I got back I took a shower and got into some comforting clothes. I took my book off my nightstand and put it down on the couch while I walked over to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. As usual I wasn't tired so I stayed up till about 12.30. I was so invested in my book, I totally forgot I still had to clean up the dinner table and kitchen. I put some soft music on, so I wouldn't disturb my neighbours with it and got to it. After a short 5 minutes I received a text.

My heart stopped when I received "I was just thinking about you" as a response, especially because it took him some time to sent the following message

My heart stopped when I received "I was just thinking about you" as a response, especially because it took him some time to sent the following message. I do however don't think too much of it afterwards. I don't really know what else to respond so I decide to leave it.
*ping*

(ignore the time

(ignore the time. This takes place during the Spanish Grand Prix so it's the beginning of June in the story right now!)

I feel myself get nervous because of the text, because I know that if I say yes, we'll have to talk about the fight and stuff and I don't really want to.
I do however say yes to him because I know we can't go on like this forever. I sit down on the couch and wait for Lando to come over.

"Hey." He says before walking in and hanging his coat up.
"Want something to drink?" I ask him while leading him to the kitchen.
"Yea would be great." He answers.
"Tea?" I ask while making myself another cup. He nods his head yes as an answer. I grab the mugs and place them on the table in the living room. We both sit down and find us being really awkward. Normally Max is with Lando and he usually takes the awkwardness off, but now that it's the first time after the fight that we're alone I don't really know what to say.
"Sooo..." I awkwardly say tapping my mug with my nails.
"Sooo..." he responds doing the same as me.
"That was quite the night. Did she call?" I ask being curious.
"A couple of times, yes." He answers while sighing.
"And? You didn't respond?"
"I texted her. I told her I needed some space for now. That we rushed things, stuff like that." He answers looking down on the ground.
"You miss her?" I ask and he madly looks up at me making me frown my eyebrows at him.
"I'm not talking to you about this." He strictly says.
"Have it your way." I say putting down my mug and walking over to the kitchen to continue cleaning. When Lando finishes his tea, he walks over to help me.
"Why didn't you tell me you and Charles were official?" He asks while I clean the stove.
"I didn't know I had to. And we're not together." I say.
"Mmh looked like the opposite to me." He raises his eyebrows and opens the cupboards to put the glasses in.
"How would you know what it looked like? All you did was play with your food because you didn't feel like being here. I don't even know why you came here in the first place."
"Guess what, me neither. I also don't know why I'm here right now."
"Then leave! I didn't ask you to come. It's too late to act nice now." I answer keeping my eyes on the stove.
"Fine." Lando responds and walks over to the hallway to grab his coat. My eyes follow him and I see him stop in front of the door. He's debating whether he should stay or go. My frustration takes over and I end the debate for him.
"Go." I say turning around. He does what I ask from him and when I hear the door close, I walk over to my bedroom and decide to immediately lay down in bed. I tell myself I'll clean tomorrow and change into my pj's. I lay down and stare at the ceiling thinking about wth went wrong in Lando and I's friendship.