chapter 25

Your pov:
"I have to go back to Lando's garage. I'll catch you after qualifying. You can do this okay?" I say to Daniel who gives me a comforting smile in return.

"Where is he?" I asks Max who is already seated behind the screens with his headphone on.
"Toilet." He answers and hands me my headphones. Im glad to see that Aaliyah decided to take a seat next to Max instead of me. Now I don't have to respond to her stupid commentary she gives during the few minutes she actually pays attention to the sessions. Don't worry that's about 3-4 minutes each session. The rest of the session she just takes pictures of the garage and mostly of herself to post on her instagram.

Lando will start p5 tomorrow with a 1.11.849. Daniel will sadly start further back on the grind. With a 1.12.964 he got p14. The happiness in the garage after a driver has done well is probably one of my favourite things ever. I hug Max to congratulate him with the great result. Even though he has nothing to do with the team, everybody still does stuff like that. I absolutely love it. We see Lando come in the garage again. When he gets out of the car he hugs a couple employees of the team and walks over to us. He hugs Aaliyah and Max and I can tell that he's okay with a hug from me too. I'm not tho. I really hate fighting with him but this time it's not on me. I'm not going to break first.
"I'm going over to Daniel's." I say and smile at Lando to make up for not hugging him to congratulate him.
"He needs me more than you do right now haha." I awkwardly say. Why would I say that?! Wth.
"Who says that?" He asks with a somewhere hidden sad look. Omg you should've seen Aaliyahs face.
"What?" I ask confused.
"I uh I just mean that I need you with the interviews. There's no one else that's going to do your job. You're with me today, Thomas is with Daniel." He says making me frown.
"I know my own schedule, Lando. Thanks for reminding me tho. We're a team, im here to support Daniel too. I can't always be focused on only you. I work for Daniel also and it is my job to keep him satisfied in his position. I'll be right back. You've got Aaliyah to comfort you, isn't that right Landie?" I say mockingly. I see his hands turn into fists which makes me laugh. I walk over to Daniels but am worried by what I walk into. He's seated against the wall with music blasting through his headphones. I sit down next to him and lay my head down on his shoulder. I don't speak up but he knows I'm here for him and that is all that matters right now. After a short 3 minutes I tap his shoulder and he takes his headphones off.
"I have to go. Interviews." I say.
"Can't you go with me?" He says making me a bit sad honestly, because I wouldn't want anything more than that right now. It's killing me to see a great friend of mine like this.
"I'm sorry, I wish I could. I'm assigned to Lando and they strictly told me there were gonna be no changes in the planning today. Where's Thomas anyways?"
"I told him to leave me alone. I believe he's at Lando's right now." He says.
"I'll tell him to man up and come back." I laugh and I'm glad Daniel does too. I give him a comforting hug and walk back to Lando's.

"Go back to Daniels." I say to Thomas.
"Why are you so bossy?" Aaliyah asks out of nowhere and I'm way too close to snapping.
"Why are you even speaking? I'm here to do my job. When you can tell me the names of all the drivers on the grid, I might give you a change to speak up about this okay?" I say letting her know she's really getting on my nerves right now.
I really don't know what has gotten in to me. It wasn't my intention to react like this at all, but I think witnessing the way McLaren is treating Daniel right now just really messed with my feelings.
"Lando!" She screams and I see his smirk fade to opening his mouth.
"I promise I'm being polite right now. There's so much more I could and would want to say to all of you. Today is not going well and the fact that you only have eyes for Lando's great result right now is bugging me." I say focusing my eyes on Thomas letting him know that this message was meant for him. "Thomas, you have to go to Daniels. He needs you a bit more today than normally." I smile to tell him I don't mean this in the wrong way.
"This is you being polite?" Lando speaks up for Aaliyah after he at least lets me finish speaking.
"You're the last person that is aloud to correct my behaviour. You better keep your fuck buddy quiet, because I am close to getting violent. And that counts for you as well. Now get your ass up and walk over to the interviewers." I say walking out of the garage. Lando follows me but as soon as we're out of sight he grabs my arm making me turn around.
"I am not done talking to you." He says. "You work for me, you don't boss me around!" I laugh at his comment.
"You chose the wrong one for this job than." I say.
"I didn't choose you. I don't even want you here." He says and I can tell he regrets saying it. He quickly hides it tho.
"Lando you just keep repeating yourself. We both know how this ends. Now please just finish these interviews because I have a lot of other things to do." I say. Lando doesn't speak up anymore and just properly finishes his interviews. When we're done we part ways and I finish some things in my office. At around 10pm I get in my car and drive home. When I arrive at my room I see Lando and Max trying to open their door.
"Not going home with your pretty doll, I see?" I say making Lando and Max turn around.
"You're not taking your Prince Charming home, I see?" He says making me smile secretly.
"Nah he was afraid something would stand in his way again." I answer while closing my door behind me. I take a shower and go to bed straight after.