chapter 22

Lando's pov:
When I woke up, y/n was already out of bed. I walk over to the livingroom thinking she's reading in her book again. She isn't. It's awfully quiet since Max is still asleep, so I soon figure out she left the hotelroom. I do decide to text her.

I know something is up with her, but I decide to leave it for now

I know something is up with her, but I decide to leave it for now. I know that's what she wants for now. If she's ready to explain what yesterday was about, she will. I get dressed in my sports clothes and go out for a run.

Y/n pov.
I made sure I would arrive at the track when the sun started to set. I took some incredible pictures and decided to start working for a bit already. I walked over to my office, but I feel my feet lifting from the ground. A gasp leaves my mouth when I fall to the ground.
"Ouch. What the hell." I say to myself.
"Miss are you okay?" I hear behind me. Before I know it, I'm faced with a good looking guy around 24 I think. He's hanging above me, sticking out his hand to help me stand up. It took me a while but when I stand up straight I finally see who it is.
"Charles. I didn't even realise it was you. I'm sorry." I say.
"No that's okay. We only met once and that took us 2 short minutes so I don't blame you." He laughs at me. "What happened?" He asks looking behind me at the ground.
"I slipped over something imaginary haha." I also look at the ground but I don't see anything on the ground. "I might have tripped over my own foot. I wasn't paying attention." I awkwardly laugh at him.
"Are you okay tho? That fall looked pretty nasty."
"Yea I'm okay. I just hit my head a bit hard but that's okay." I feel at the place where it hurts, but I soon notice I'm bleeding.
"Oh god." I say looking at my hand.
"Shit. Let me have a look." He responds with a shocked face.
"Ew no. I'm bleeding that's disgusting." I answer.
"I don't mind. Let me see." He says pulling my head down so he can see how big the wound is.
"I think you need some stitches. It's a pretty deep cut."
"O stop playing, I'm fine." I answer pulling my head up.
"No I'm serious, a band aid isn't going to fix this. It'll take 30 minutes. I'll take you, come on." He says and before I know it im seated in Charles Leclerc's black Ferrari.
"Thank you."
"No problem." He smiles and parks the car.

"Y/n  Y/l/n." The doctor calls out and I walk into the room. Charles follows me which wasn't really necessary but it was a sweet gesture. The doctor fixes up the wound and wraps some bandages around my head.
"Is that really necessary?" I ask her.
"Yes to protect the stitches." She simply answers and leads us out of the room.

"Wow you could describe her as happy." I say to Charles when we drive back to the track. He laughs at my comment as a response. I look in the car mirror to see how dumb I look.
"I look so stupid." I say.
"It actually looks quite cute haha." His comment makes me turn my head. I see him swallow hard.
Didn't he have a girlfriend?
"I'm sorry." He says making me confused.
"That's okay." I awkwardly laugh.
When we arrive back at the track we trade numbers because Charles wanted some updates on the whole head thing. A bit exaggerated, that's what I told him ,but he still insisted on getting my number. I thank him for everything, friendly hug him goodbye and walk into my office.
"What the hell happened to you?!" Thomas low-key screams when I walk in.
"I slipped on my way to the office. Charles took me to the hospital. 7 stitches and this stupid thing 'to protect them'." I say grumpy.
Thomas laughs and stands up from his desk to take a closer look.
"Are you okay?" He asks and I almost lost my mind.
"Yes I'm okay." I answer.
"Are you sure?" He asks once again and at that moment I can't keep my emotions to myself.
"Agh can everyone just stop asking me if I'm okay?! Yes I'm perfect okay?!" I say and a sigh leaves my mouth. "Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just a bit stressed." I say looking up at Thomas.
"It's okay. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just know I'm here if you need an listening ear." He says and gives me a friendly hug from behind.
"Thank you. Truly." I say and hug him back. I again take a deep sigh and speak up.
"I couldn't sleep last night. Lando eventually joined me on the couch and we talked for a bit. We eventually came to a topic I don't really want to think about anymore." I say looking up to Thomas's confused face.
"Why were you sleeping in Lando's hotelroom?" He asks me.
"Long story" I look away to my laptop. "Max, Lando and I decided on having a sleepover." I laugh while thinking about how stupid it sounds.
"Okayy." Thomas laughs a bit but doesn't ask any other questions about it. There's no need to. "Uhm what was the topic? If you want to discuss it of course." I turn my head again and think about if I should say it or not.
"I don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet. I'm sorry." I answer.
"No that's okay. I understand. I'm here when you are ready." I simply smile at his response.
Thomas and I work on the upcoming schedules together and decide to go get a coffee when we're finished. After our coffee Thomas takes off and I walk back to my office.
"Hey." I hear behind me. I turn around and am faced with a shocked Pierre.
"Hey. You're early." I say smiling but then realise why he looks so shocked. "I'm okay. I tripped this morning. It truly looks worse than it is. 7 stitches and this stupid thing to 'protect them'." I say laughing.
"We'll at least you're laughing. Are you sure you're okay?" He answers checking out my whole body to make sure for himself.
"Never better." I say. "Hey we could maybe talk right now? I could use another coffee to be fair. Long night." I laugh.
"Sounds perfect." He answers and we walk over to the parking lot.