chapter 37

A day has gone by and I'm still at the hospital. I haven't really spoken to Lando's family yet, because they of course were with Lando all the time. I myself haven't been in there yet, but I think I'm about to. I'm just growing some balls to go in there. Lando's family will be back in an hour. They decided to stay in a hotel. I decide to wait for the nurse to finish her duties and then go in.

"He's all yours." She smiles at me and I stand up to walk into his room. Something is holding me back and I can't tell what it is.
"You can do this. He would want you to go in there." I hear a familiar voice say.
"Max.. you're back already." I say.
"Yeah I wouldn't want you to get bored." He laughs. "Now go in there." He says and softly pushes me in.
My eyes grow big when I see Lando in the hospital bed. A mask over his mouth for extra oxygen. Fortunately it is only for a short while. In connection with his operation that he underwent early in the morning, the doctor thought it would be a good plan to offer Lando a little support. They'll take it off in an hour I believe. He has 1 arm and 1 leg in a orange coloured cast. In the ambulance I was worried about all the wounds on his upper body, face and head, but the nurse was right when she said that the blood made it look way worse. Yes, you can still see it and it still looks unpleasant, but I promise it looks 10x better than when he was in the ambulance.
I take a chair away from the table and place it next to Lando's bed. I sit down on it and lay my hand on his.
"I uhm- they told me that they weren't sure if you could hear me talk and I must say I find it very awkward to talk to you when I know im probably not gonna get a response, but anything to get you awake again, right?" I sigh and I lay my head on his arm.
"I am so sorry for treating you the way I did. I never meant for things to go like that, I promise." I say before a small tear drops on his hand.
"I'm gonna say something and I know that if you could respond right now, you would say "that's not something you should apologise for.", but I'm still gonna say it, because I feel like I have to." I sigh before getting this certain thing off my chest.
"I am sorry about Charles. I am sorry that he had this feeling inside of him that made him decide to do something so awful to you. I don't know how, but I feel like I could've prevented this from happening. I think that if I would not have taken this job, things would've gone differently. He asked me not to take the job and if I would've listened to this one stupid thing, you would not have been here right now. You would have been training hard for Singapore and complaining about how long the flights were gonna be, now that the European part of the season is over." I silently laugh hearing him complain in my thoughts. 
"Again, I'm not sure if you can hear this. I secretly hope you can't, because I'm gonna confess something to you." I say letting go of his hand.
"I think that I'm in love with you, Lando. Hell I love you. I love you romantically. I think I acted like this out of jealousy and I was jealous, because I secretly wanted to be the girl you would look at with so much love in your eyes. It took me way too long to figure out what exactly I felt for you, but when my heart told me to get into that ambulance and not leave your side until you told me to leave, I knew it. I knew that I love you. I loved you the minute you walked into that restaurant and connected your special green eyes with mine, I just didn't know that was what love felt like." I admit and I feel relieved. I know Lando doesn't feel the same way, but im glad I got it off my chest, whether he heard it or not.
"You're family will be back soon, so I'll be on my way back to the hallway, waiting for you to wake up. Your brother is coming with Mila. Your sister showed me some pictures of her yesterday. She's adorable.
Well talk soon." I say and kiss his hand before leaving the room.

"Are you okay?" Max asks when i sit down next to him.
"I've been better, but I'm okay." I smile up at him, but the smile quickly fades away when I hear my phone ringing and I see 'Charles💗' on my screen.
"Just pick up and see how he starts the conversation. If you don't like it, hang up." He says and hands me my phone.
"Okay.." I sigh and walk away for a minute.

(Charles + you)
"Hello?"
"Y/n? Hey."
"What do you want, Charles? I'm not in the mood to talk."
"I didn't mean for this to happen, y/n. You have to believe me. I would never do such a thing."
"I don't know what to believe, Charles. You put him in a coma. He had surgery. It's not good."
I hear Charles sigh.
"I wanna talk to him when he wakes up. He will wake up right?"
"Yes. They're sure of that, but that is the only thing they can say for sure."
"When can we meet?"
"I don't know. I'll have to think about that. Not before Lando's awake."
"Okay.. im sorry. I love you."
He has never said that to me. I am shocked and I don't understand why he thinks he has to say it.
"Not enough, apparently." I sigh and hang up the phone.

I thought this was the prefect chapter to post on Lando's birthday lmao.
Happy birthday Lando! I'll be crossing my fingers for another podium.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the confession🤭 also I thought it would be nice to let the female character confess their feelings first, because a lot of times it's the guy that does it. Don't forget to vote and comment what you think. Ly and hope you enjoy the Las Vegas GP!🫶🏻